Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Apology

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hasn’t this all been discussed on a million other threads….oh hang on what threads…I could have sworn I saw them…..nurse!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Paul Barber on TalkSport

Made their points / feelings known to PGMOL and Webb personally.

Moving on, can’t change the result.

Didn’t want to go into details as private between both parties but appreciates how Webb handled it and communicated.

Frustrated and angry but need to move on as cannot dwell on things or look back or consume time / energy with big games coming up

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Paul Barber on TalkSport

Didn’t want to go into details as private between both parties but appreciates how Webb handled it and communicated.

Frustrated and angry but need to move on as cannot dwell on things or look back or consume time / energy with big games coming up
Can completely appreciate his points, and the need to keep some of it confidential, however surely the supporters (not just for this match) deserve some form of explanation or communication as to how the decisions were made. Even if we don't agree, a simple statement as to how or why decisions were reached would go a long way to help understand the reasonings. For example, the Mitoma disallowed goal, on field decision was no goal, not enough evidence for VAR to ask the referee to take a look, by that very reasoning the MacAllister goal should stand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought someone would get worked up about it!
Incorrect assumption that I don’t agree with article and have a prejudice against the Sun. I think it highlights perfectly all the flaws in the decisions made.
Still think nothing tangible will be done and we all move along the news cycle.
Where have I disagreed with you? I said the article was spot on!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can completely appreciate his points, and the need to keep some of it confidential, however surely the supporters (not just for this match) deserve some form of explanation or communication as to how the decisions were made. Even if we don't agree, a simple statement as to how or why decisions were reached would go a long way to help understand the reasonings. For example, the Mitoma disallowed goal, on field decision was no goal, not enough evidence for VAR to ask the referee to take a look, by that very reasoning the MacAllister goal should stand.

Agree totally.

We paid a lot of money to attend the match only for the result to be determined by (at the very least) catastrophically 'inept' officiating.

We wasted our money, wasted our Easter Saturdays.

It completely sums up what is wrong. Why were the discussions 'confidential'? Transparency is what is needed.

FFS, the fans deserve an explanation.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Paul Barber on TalkSport

Having private conversations about rank incompetence doesn't help the fans who invest financially and emotionally in supporting the club. Just makes us wonder what's going on.

How would making the conversation public damage either the club or the PGMOL?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Paul Barber on TalkSport

PRRFFFFTTTTT......!!!! What else is he going to say .......fuckin joke. We may as well go out and score 15 own goals against citeh as an act of defiance and protest as to how f***ing inept the whole association is....that would get the fukwitts thinking.

Were Attwell or Salisbury made to attend the meeting..?? , how is it private ...?? 2500 fans paid thousands of quid to be hosted by spurs and got their afternoon ruined by a couple of inept pricks....thats a fact.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Barber on TalkSport

Frustrated and angry? Sure he was, Spurs won :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Salisbury stood down on VAR, having reffed the Burnley game last night, Atwell on VAR for the next Wolves game.

They ARE taking the piss aren’t they?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Salisbury stood down on VAR, having reffed the Burnley game last night, Atwell on VAR for the next Wolves game.

They ARE taking the piss aren’t they?
It’s a disgrace. A national sporting disgrace.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree totally.

We paid a lot of money to attend the match only for the result to be determined by (at the very least) catastrophically 'inept' officiating.

We wasted our money, wasted our Easter Saturdays.

It completely sums up what is wrong. Why were the discussions 'confidential'? Transparency is what is needed.

FFS, the fans deserve an explanation.
Maybe the discussions haven’t finished yet - in which case he is 100% right not to disclose the content at this point.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More secrecy. More doubt.

Mic’d up VAR/referee - done. All ambiguity gone.

I wonder why they won’t do that?
Not for me…….I suspect the club are still waiting for answers. Even if not, the club winding up fans even further by providing details of what has or hasn’t been said/admitted won’t help anyone.

Agree re micing up though - works well in other sports.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not for me…….I suspect the club are still waiting for answers. Even if not, the club winding up fans even further by providing details of what has or hasn’t been said/admitted won’t help anyone.

Agree re micing up though - works well in other sports.
As it stands, it is apparent they (FA/PGMOL) aren’t taking things as seriously as I and many other fans would like. No formal announcement of a review/disciplinary process. In fact quite the opposite, with Attwell being allowed to officiate VAR this coming weekend.

It would appear absolutely nothing has been done to prevent this happening again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As it stands, it is apparent they (FA/PGMOL) aren’t taking things as seriously as I and many other fans would like. No formal announcement of a review/disciplinary process. In fact quite the opposite, with Attwell being allowed to officiate VAR this coming weekend.

It would appear absolutely nothing has been done to prevent this happening again.
….yet :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here