Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Apology

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Apology has to come with consequences. The VAR guy needs to lose a percentage of his match fee as a minimum. Of more importance, a certain number of apologies should win additional points for the club being robbed of points due to acknowledged wrong calls by VAR

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
The Apology has to come with consequences. The VAR guy needs to lose a percentage of his match fee as a minimum. Of more importance, a certain number of apologies should win additional points for the club being robbed of points due to acknowledged wrong calls by VAR
The first bit will only happen if there is anything in his contract that allows it. He may get taken off VAR duties for a while.

The second would need changes for the Premier League competition rules - I can never see that happening!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Do the VAR and match officials get paid per game or on a set wage?
I believe the refs are on a retainer, what about the VAR? If they do get suspended do they lose money or just get a weekend off?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What I’m more worried about is that you can count on one hand the amount of decent ref/VAR performances for us this season. In almost all games, we get an awful refereeing decision.

I don’t think there is a conspiracy theory against us but it’s tough not to believe in one seeing the amount of evidence in front of our eyes.

However, we all know fully well that the biggest officiating outrage will be saved for the semi-final. We’re going to have to demolish Manure in order to win as they’ll get almost every big decision.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What's an apology worth, could mean tens of millions in lost revenue and impact our ability to retain players because we didn't qualify for Europe.

I refuse to believe it's just "human error", when was the last time you made 5 major f*** ups in one day in your job, have you ever? I know i haven't.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
On a few back pages tomorrow…

View attachment 159488

View attachment 159489

(Good support from Ian Wright and the MOTD2 crew too - FWIW)
Also…

282697C2-EF4C-48E7-B92D-1BCBE9FE4D22.jpeg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Five incidents, one apology.

Why on earth haven't they also, at least, apologised for the penalty not given for the two-handed shirt pull on Dunk? Or is that within the rules of the game now?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is that sun?
So what if it is? All this 'It's in The Sun so it must be lies' is absolute bollocks. I don't buy or read The Sun (except sometimes when likes to a particular article are posted) but when it publishes an article that's accurate, it takes a really prejudiced wally to come out with the 'It's in The Sun so it must be lies' spiel.
I've no idea whether that article is from The Sun or not - but it's spot on. And if anybody wants to persist in their mantra that it must be rubbish just because it's in The Sun - suck it up!

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
So what if it is? All this 'It's in The Sun so it must be lies' is absolute bollocks. I don't buy or read The Sun (except sometimes when likes to a particular article are posted) but when it publishes an article that's accurate, it takes a really prejudiced wally to come out with the 'It's in The Sun so it must be lies' spiel.
I've no idea whether that article is from The Sun or not - but it's spot on. And if anybody wants to persist in their mantra that it must be rubbish just because it's in The Sun -
I've no idea whether that article is from The Sun or not - but it's spot on. And if anybody wants to persist in their mantra that it must be rubbish just because it's in The Sun - suck it up!
Thought someone would get worked up about it!
Incorrect assumption that I don’t agree with article and have a prejudice against the Sun. I think it highlights perfectly all the flaws in the decisions made.
Still think nothing tangible will be done and we all move along the news cycle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of more importance, a certain number of apologies should win additional points for the club being robbed of points due to acknowledged wrong calls by VAR
The Premier League have just apologised to Man Utd for the stress caused by making them wait until after the final whistle before awarding them a penalty.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought someone would get worked up about it!
Incorrect assumption that I don’t agree with article and have a prejudice against the Sun. I think it highlights perfectly all the flaws in the decisions made.
Still think nothing tangible will be done and we all move along the news cycle.
I’d be astonished and very angry if Attwell and Salisbury are refereeing this weekend. Attwell has been demoted before after a run of dreadful performances;

I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything yet, you’d think the FA would want to act fast.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I’d be astonished and very angry if Attwell and Salisbury are refereeing this weekend. Attwell has been demoted before after a run of dreadful performances;

I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything yet, you’d think the FA would want to act fast.
Salisbury reffed Burnley v Sheffield United last night.

Baffling.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The Premier League have just apologised to Man Utd for the stress caused by making them wait until after the final whistle before awarding them a penalty.
I'm awaiting their apology for not awarding a penalty to Harry Kane when he was tripped and trodden on by his own teammate in our box....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That was 11 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here