Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The annual 'real or fake Christmas Tree' debate

What sort of Christmas Tree do you go for?

• Real

Votes: 45 49.5%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • No Christmas Tree

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not bothered but we have a fake one and i'm happy with it. Plenty of plus points for buying fake. They last for years, no mess, no going out buying new ones every year.Besides it doesn't really matter what type of tree you have, it's all about how you decorate it. It's quite an art to it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Usually have a real one in a pot and bring it in each year. Bit concerned about the abundance of false widows outside now though so don't know what to do.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Always fake. Real trees = fallen needles, tramping round frozen B&Q s, Cats either pissing in or on or around the tree,even more needles all the way down the hall when you have to get it out the house, having to leave it in your front garden to rot as you have missed the one week when the bin men take them away.... have I misssed anything ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Fake, I can't be doing with the needles everywhere.
That and the last time I had a real one I had quite a bad car accident on my return journey from the garden centre.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fake.

Will go up 12 days before, and down a couple of days after the 25th!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Real this year, but there are some excellent fakes out there, although the most realistic ones are pricey at around £200. Still that's about the same as 6 real ones, so could be a decent investment. Maybe next year. When I was young, we had a silver tinsel tree - lasted at least 10 years.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Real, up on weekend of 13/14th.

Like many it seems, my kids get to put up two sets of decorations...other than not being with the ex-wife any more, there are other compensations to separation :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you want a real tree, get yourselves to IKEA.

We've got ours there the last two years - really good quality - never dropped a needle. £25 for a 6ft tree, and it comes with a £20 voucher to spend in January.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you want a real tree, get yourselves to IKEA.

We've got ours there the last two years - really good quality - never dropped a needle. £25 for a 6ft tree, and it comes with a £20 voucher to spend in January.

And if you leave it REALLY late, its a fiver (without the voucher) albeit the likelyhood of me not being dragged to IKEA to use said voucher in January is nil anyway.

Always go for real, usually up about the 14th and down whenever I remember.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where is the best place quality/price to get a real one this year ???

Ikea is just too far out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've a customer who needs a couple of trees taken down that sort of look close to the normal xmas tree....so this year it will be real....sortof

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Got a fantastic fake one a few years ago which (honestly) looks 100% natural. Spray on a bit of decent pine see essential oil...jobs a good un.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here