Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX's capacity after expansion?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The answer is between 32k & 34k according to my tour last week...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
we've got to treat every home match as 'a day out at Wembley' The days of rolling out of the pub at 2.55 and/or being home in time for Harry Hill's TV fart are gone

By which, I take it you mean about 6.30. If people don't get home till 6.30 they WILL stop coming and we'll be getting crowds of 10,000 the following season.

By which, I take it you mean about 6.30. If people don't get home till 6.30 they WILL stop coming and we'll be getting crowds of 10,000 the following season.

the point i'm making is

a)Relax

b)Don't bust yer balls

c)there'll be another bus/train soon (i'm sure)

d)have another pint

yes, yes I know not everyone can be that free with their time, but some just bust their arses to get out so they can get a seat in The Basketmakers

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the point i'm making is

a)Relax

b)Don't bust yer balls

c)there'll be another bus/train soon (i'm sure)

d)have another pint

yes, yes I know not everyone can be that free with their time, but some just bust their arses to get out so they can get a seat in The Basketmakers

I'm not worried about getting to the Basketmakers. I'm worried about getting up at 6 in the morning for work the day after a night match...and in a sense, I'm not even worried about me, as I'll walk if I HAVE to. You don't seem to understand that most people's concerns aren't about the hardcore, who will turn up anyway, but the 10,000 JCLs who will f*** off in it is any inconvenience to get to the ground.

If a game finishes at 10.30 after extra time and penalties, how will people get home?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Nope, quite the opposite, it has greater capacity, but with seats that fold up and can be used when "all-seater" is required.

Yeeeeees, do you realise how much leg room we have at Falmer? We could have twice as many people standing in that space without being crammed in like a sardine, as you put it.

When the areas are used for standing you have two people standing behind each seat.

Are the vomitories of sufficient size/number to allow for double the capacity of the North Stand?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The club just needs to run a bucket load of shuttle buses at £2 a pop,thats another great option used by many football clubs,but yeah the transport issues will need sorting big time.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Just wondering what the number is?

Saw on another thread the other day a poster saying that next summer could see the Amex expanded further bringing it up to 30k?

I apologise if this has been stated before (I'm sure it has), but would it be possible to accommodate more than 30k?

Club confirmed 30,000 is the max without having to completely reconstruct, and take down the giants arches set deep in concrete.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have heard (and it may be total bullshit) from someone who went on a tour through their job at the council that the ground has the potential to be expanded to 35k without the need to alter the roof.

This is achieved by filling in the corners, adding a 2nd tier on the East Stand and by moving all of the seats around the ground closer together (reduced room per seat but extra seats overall) hence why there is such a large amount of room per seat now which gives them this option later.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
moving all of the seats around the ground closer together (reduced room per seat but extra seats overall) hence why there is such a large amount of room per seat now which gives them this option later.

The EasyJet option ?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The answer is between 32k & 34k according to my tour last week...

I agree with this - I was told a couple of months ago by someone in the know that it would be 33,000 or thereabouts once all changes made that are planned. Won't happen this coming season of course but could be given the nod by Police and Council by Easter time, to set the changes in motion for the next season AIUI.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Do any of the railwaymen on here know how much it would cost to upgrade the Brighton - Lewes line so shuttle trains could run after matches. If that's what it takes to add a few thousand onto the rail capacity then shirley it's worth the club finding the money. If we ever have a chance of getting 30k people through the turnstyles I think that would need to happen first.

Also how much to extend the platform at Lewes to take 12 coach trains?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Do any of the railwaymen on here know how much it would cost to upgrade the Brighton - Lewes line so shuttle trains could run after matches. If that's what it takes to add a few thousand onto the rail capacity then shirley it's worth the club finding the money. If we ever have a chance of getting 30k people through the turnstyles I think that would need to happen first.

Also how much to extend the platform at Lewes to take 12 coach trains?

We'd have to sell our souls and half the stadium to Network Rail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here