Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pies

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bought a pie after the game to take home. No salt or pepper sachets in the box. as there was on Wednesday evening. No real biggie as I added them when I got home. But for premium price products, they should be in the box! Pie was nice, steak and ale.

ps...served luke warm (not good)

Overall 7/10

Mind was far from piping too but that made it instantly scoffable which I needed by then.

Having tried the steak and ale pie during the week and pronounced it EXCELLENT, I queued today for a chicken and ham one.

I pronounce that SOLD OUT. So I had to fall back on steak and ale. With ale. EXCELLENT again, but not as hot as the first one.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Will we be allowed to buy them in the North Stand, or will that be a "pie dry" stand? And why has no-one mentioned the most pressing issue? FORKS.
We in the East had pies galore....and forks....although you did not need them. The steak and ale contents were a little pale and needed an oxo to give colour and flavour. Tasted ok but kept thinking of the insipid colour which looked like the away strip!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Best pies at any ground in the country from my experience. DELICIOUS!

Come on then, for those at the game... what was the general thoughts on the pies. Always like to get feedback on any improvements (awaits majority asking for Balti pies)
Had the steak and ale(ran out of chicken and ham)
Was really nice mate,piping hot,touch more salt perhaps or maybe have a box of sachets by the sauce dispensers.
And yes please,would love a chicken balti one:thumbsup:

I had the Steak pie...was very nice. Crammed full of meat and plenty warm enough. As the pastry is so good a fork is not needed as it holds together very nicely.

As you can see from the pic it went down nicely with a pint of Harveys :cheers:

Pie.jpg

We in the East had pies galore....and forks....although you did not need them. The steak and ale contents were a little pale and needed an oxo to give colour and flavour. Tasted ok but kept thinking of the insipid colour which looked like the away strip!!!!!
The steak contents were the colour and taste of beef. Please don't be confused by inferior pies with artificial colouring or oxo-like flavouring. Keep pies REAL !!

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
The steak contents were the colour and taste of beef. Please don't be confused by inferior pies with artificial colouring or oxo-like flavouring. Keep pies REAL !!
Second opinion of the steak and ale pie..........I think it was a veggie pie!!! Lovely pastry though!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Queued for over 30 mins and was getting worried about a pint as they were tipping the polyp ins more and more. Unfortunately by the time we got there the beer was still just available but the pies were no more. So I plump.ed for a burger......... I was disappointed with the high quality!!!! When I go to a game I expect it to be the greasiest thing available but no grease and I could taste beef. I'm still puzzled by it. And salad in it. Who needs prawn sarnies!?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I had a chicken and ham one pre-match and thought it was lovely. Matchday food of choice there methinks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on then, for those at the game... what was the general thoughts on the pies. Always like to get feedback on any improvements
It would have been nice if you hadn't ran out. And I'm not bothered about Balti pies - they're good for pie makers who don't know what they're doing. They can make a bad pie, but stick some curry flavour in it and it comes out ok. I have higher expectations of your pies. Stake and ale please.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Back in the goldstone days I remember nicknaming the burgers disgustoburgers. I think I even asked the chap in the "kiosk" for exactly that once. I remember tea that either melted the cup or was stone cold, never anything in between. If the food was hot and didnt give you food poisoning it was a good day. Withers not a huge step on, although a little more variety I suppose.

Now we're questioning the quality of homemade steak and ale pies!

Haven't we come a long way.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
one thing i miss from the withdean is the hog roast in a baguette with onions..

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
nipped in just after the beginning of the 2nd half and got served immediately. i spoke to one of the catering supervisors and she said that they were over subscribed in the West Stand by around 2,000 people - hence the queues. steak and ale pie was awesome, instantly scoffable, and edible by hand. 8/10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
By the sounds of it the pies are going down very well.

Shoreham Beach Seagull, how was it from your side?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
nipped in just after the beginning of the 2nd half and got served immediately. i spoke to one of the catering supervisors and she said that they were over subscribed in the West Stand by around 2,000 people - hence the queues. steak and ale pie was awesome, instantly scoffable, and edible by hand. 8/10.

I'm not sure how that could have been the case - there can't have been more than 3000 people, max, in the whole of the West. I can't believe they only expected 1000 people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here