The Amex in League ONE.....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Calm down folks, it's early days. If the squad can't cut it by Christmas then money will be made available. It's the sensible way to do things.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oscar spent most of his career at a club who didn't tolerate anything but being in the top two. A club where fans turn on the manager after a couple of bad defeats, I imagine he finds the support he is receiving during this transition as refreshing as most of us find his comments.

Gus, on the field, is a very hard act to follow, especially with the bare bones squad we have at the moment. I think we were always likely to concede more goals with the way Oscar tries to play and if we can't put the ball in the net more often than the opposition, this will become a major issue.

Does TB expect a quick turn around in fortunes? He was not slow in his desire to get rid of McGhee or Slade. Maybe he will sack Oscar if we don't turn it around soon, maybe he will give him at least a season to do it.

These are undoubtably testing times, if the crowd turns Oscar's days may well be numbered. They are not turning at the matches yet but there seems to be gathering swell of doubt on NSC so that may come soon enough if results don't improve.

TBF, apart from the odd occasions when Athletico or Valencia put up a bit of a fight there really are only 2 clubs. Even with the expectations doing well at one of them must be a whole lot easier than at any of the others.

Not sure what winning the title in Israel really means either. First time in years but I'm not sure how the money side of things works over there nor the standard, so does bringing in 1 or 2 quality players guarantee success?

There's a lot of strong opinions given on Oscar so I guess others know better than I do. But, I've no real idea if he's any good or not, or how relevant his experience is. I can only judge by what I see and even allowing for injuries most of our performances have been pretty woeful. I've got to believe they will improve otherwise I wouldn't rule out at all getting sucked into the dogfight

D

Deleted User X18H

Calm down folks, it's early days. If the squad can't cut it by Christmas then money will be made available. It's the sensible way to do things.

The money was made available to Adams. Savage , Davies , McNulty.

D

Deleted User X18H

The money was made available to Adams. Savage , Davies , McNulty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oscar spent most of his career at a club who didn't tolerate anything but being in the top two. A club where fans turn on the manager after a couple of bad defeats, I imagine he finds the support he is receiving during this transition as refreshing as most of us find his comments.

Gus, on the field, is a very hard act to follow, especially with the bare bones squad we have at the moment. I think we were always likely to concede more goals with the way Oscar tries to play and if we can't put the ball in the net more often than the opposition, this will become a major issue.

Does TB expect a quick turn around in fortunes? He was not slow in his desire to get rid of McGhee or Slade. Maybe he will sack Oscar if we don't turn it around soon, maybe he will give him at least a season to do it.

These are undoubtably testing times, if the crowd turns Oscar's days may well be numbered. They are not turning at the matches yet but there seems to be gathering swell of doubt on NSC so that may come soon enough if results don't improve.

I agree with most of this apart from the fact it was Knight who sacked McGhee.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with most of this apart from the fact it was Knight who sacked McGhee.

I seem to recall that Bloom was the money man at the time and that he forced the issue, DK may have sacked him but he was pushed by TB. I may be wrong though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seem to recall that Bloom was the money man at the time and that he forced the issue, DK may have sacked him but he was pushed by TB. I may be wrong though

That was Wilkins. There was only one director who wanted to keep Wilkins and that was Martin Perry.
When McGhee was sacked, there was no money which is why we had to sell Virgo, and FBS donated 1million for his parking place. Tony was making his fortune but it wasn't until 06/07 that he started putting in his millions especially once the planning permission had finally been obtained.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can you honestly point out, apart from the attempted over head kick, which lead to the goal, how is Barnes supposed to score when he gets **** all service. The defence yesterday was all over the shot, playing across the line, giving the ball away on too many occasions, yet in many eyes, it is all Barnes fault coz he didn't score. Your ****ing deluded like always.

Pmsl,,,I'm deluded. Tell me, how many goals this season or is he just the unluckiest striker in the world???......Zero, that's how many,,Zero!!!! And the fact that dozens of people aren't jumping on here to defend him says it all. You can't keep defending him, you just make yourself look stupid.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What makes everyone think that all these supposed injured players will all be back. It's a well know fact in football that when things aren't running smoothly, these injuries can linger and linger and sometimes even be in the players head!!!!! Then something changes and they are all suddenly fit again...Not talking about broken bones obviously before people suggest I think Ulloa is faking it lol.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What makes everyone think that all these supposed injured players will all be back. It's a well know fact in football that when things aren't running smoothly, these injuries can linger and linger and sometimes even be in the players head!!!!! Then something changes and they are all suddenly fit again...Not talking about broken bones obviously before people suggest I think Ulloa is faking it lol.

Another allegation, but then, you thought that about Vicente.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pmsl,,,I'm deluded. Tell me, how many goals this season or is he just the unluckiest striker in the world???......Zero, that's how many,,Zero!!!! And the fact that dozens of people aren't jumping on here to defend him says it all. You can't keep defending him, you just make yourself look stupid.

Yes, you are.

You seem to have completely missed what the poster said when they had said Barnes had has f**k all service. You seem delighted in the fact that one of our players hasnt scored a league goal this season - what brilliant support that is. I imagine you were one of the idiots booing at FT last week too then :facepalm:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
For me, the most worrying aspect is our failure to do the basics well. The same players that were comfortable with space and time on the ball last season appear to be like rabbits in the headlights this season. We seem a lot more rushed in possession and anxious to get rid of the ball as soon as possible.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Another allegation, but then, you thought that about Vicente.

Are you seriously saying you think Vicente was a success in his time here. Flashes of genius and probably the most gifted player iv'e ever seen play for us. But ultimately he was a complete was of money. When the moment came for him to step upto the plate and deliver he wasn't even on the bench....But hang on, he claims he was fit and ready to play. Another unanswered mystery surrounding the Palace play off game at the Amex. That night should have/could have been the time the whole Vicente saga paid dividends.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I saw ulloa on crutches on sat

You do have a point though . Players like Orlandi and Agustin have a bad record with injuries and a lot of Swansea fans especially in the case of Orlandi predicted his fitness would let us down eventually .

Not a given that those 2 will be 100% in the time frame at all

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
For me, the most worrying aspect is our failure to do the basics well. The same players that were comfortable with space and time on the ball last season appear to be like rabbits in the headlights this season. We seem a lot more rushed in possession and anxious to get rid of the ball as soon as possible.

Absolutely, Poyet always said there was an element of risk in the way he wanted his team to play. But at least most if not all were comfortable on the ball. Everybody looks really nervy at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports