The Amex in League ONE.....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No that's not the point, the point is being one win away from 8th in Oct is a crazy time to be discussing how big our crowds will be next season in League One!

I think the point is, we are 7 points from 6th and 7 points from 22nd. We have 1 fit striker, apparently that's what he is(no goals this season) and unless we get someone in he is the option for at least the next 2 months. We are not scoring enough goals and unless they have changed the rules, goals win games. Whilst I agree, I don't think we are far off being a top 6 side, I also think there are very fine lines in this division and you can be easily sucked into a relegation scrap.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I think the point is, we are 7 points from 6th and 7 points from 22nd. We have 1 fit striker, apparently that's what he is(no goals this season) and unless we get someone in he is the option for at least the next 2 months. We are not scoring enough goals and unless they have changed the rules, goals win games. Whilst I agree, I don't think we are far off being a top 6 side, I also think there are very fine lines in this division and you can be easily sucked into a relegation scrap.

And the fact it's only the first week in October?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

That's right. It can go either way but people are concerned, because unless we get an experienced top end striker, all the signs are it will go South. The last two home games having been relegation performances. Not because we lost yesterday and were lucky to get a point against a woefull Wednesday side, but because we are not even hitting the target.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's right. It can go either way but people are concerned, because unless we get an experienced top end striker, all the signs are it will go South. The last two home games having been relegation performances. Not because we lost yesterday and were lucky to get a point against a woefull Wednesday side, but because we are not even hitting the target.

experienced top end striker..hmm..do you think this is likely?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Following that logic we should get 52 points = safety

Umm 52 points was relagation last season ? Unless I'm missing something? Peterborough got 54?

Edit : just clarifying that I firmly believe we will finish around 8th on 65-70 points.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Promotion was there for the taking last season. Instead Palace got a bye to the Premier League on account of us not turning up for the play-off semi second leg and Watford not turning up for the final. Chance might be a long time coming round again unless Bloom starts spending some serious money on the playing side.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Don't forget the fact that by the time Ulloa, CMS, Bridcutt and Orlandi are back, that there will ONLY be 29-30 more games to pick up points from. We're doomed.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Teams like Burnley are well in front of us and if we want Blooms top 6 finish then Barber and Burke had better start pulling their fingers out

And if Burnley were to lose Ings and Vokes? And Marney in midfield. Would they be doing as well as they are now? Not many teams have 3 or 4 top quality Championship strikers to rotate.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Promotion was there for the taking last season. Instead Palace got a bye to the Premier League on account of us not turning up for the play-off semi second leg and Watford not turning up for the final. Chance might be a long time coming round again unless Bloom starts spending some serious money on the playing side.

Not going to happen i'm afraid and come the end of the season the PIG will leave as will Bridders Ulloa and Upson if we stay down and the squad will get even weaker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports