The Alternative East Stand Photo Update

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
can i bring your attention to what looks like evidence of a wall tie on brick course no.8

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yes! Yes! Wall tie sighted. No expense spared.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Some questions answered -

Due to the recent lack of "cracking on" I thought I would try and answer some of the questioned asked of this project -

Why no webcam ? - my application was rejected due to "indiscreet and inappropriate proposed siting of webcam"

Daily tea consumption ? - apparently it is "ferocious"

It is an extension, not a conservatory - Correct, my fault.

How many seats going in ? - it is going to be divided into two rooms so I assume about 2,000 in each.

Pies ? - no pies.

Builders must be Polish ? - this could be so as they have disappeared after the disappointing 1-1 with Greece

Disabled access ? - I think this will be incorporated within the suggested ramp up events.

Concern over change in direction on a foul pipe - too technical for me - does this involve Mr Zaha ?

Who's the big name coming down to officially open it? - It was Prince Philip but I have been told that due to the lack of toilet facilities this is once again up for grabs.

Pitched roof or just going flat? - I sneaked a look at the plans - flat.

:thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

It is an extension, not a conservatory - Correct, my fault.
:thumbsup:

This is proposterous. You tell us it's going to be a conservatory, and it turns out they're building a bloody extension now.
That's my interest gone.
I fell for it last time when the building work started at Falmer and was told it was going to be hotel.
They only built a flippin' football stadium!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is the lighting going to be able to light the other side of the garden up, unlike that awful stadium up the road?

Are the builder's advertising boards painted or electronic?

May 17, 2011
1066 country
scaled.php

It's good to see if you look closely ther are more wall ties laying on the bricks at the front of the extention ready to go in. forward thinking i like it. bricks & muck now crack on. :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well if it's going to be an extension now, then surely Doug Loft needs to be a guest of honour on opening day?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
This is proposterous. You tell us it's going to be a conservatory, and it turns out they're building a bloody extension now.
That's my interest gone.
I fell for it last time when the building work started at Falmer and was told it was going to be hotel.
They only built a flippin' football stadium!

As a much valued member of the team and to keep you "on board" the project will now be referred to as a - brick conservatory - HAPPY NOW ?:tantrum:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great work, u'vebeenamexed. Keep 'em coming.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
With this increased capacity for the house, will there be a corresponding increase in parking capacity or will the additional guests be expected to use the already overstretched public transport network?
I mean, God forbid that any guests using the "Brick Conservatory" [Sponsor's name to be added later?] park in Moulescomb!

Will it also be used as a concert venue? If so, will the public transport services be terminating 30 mins before the end of the concert?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
As a much valued member of the team and to keep you "on board" the project will now be referred to as a - brick conservatory - HAPPY NOW ?:tantrum:
Yes. Ecstatic now it's all been made clear. I'm back on board.
I see they've put that poxy blue hoarding all around the site, just like they did at Falmer. Let me tell you, it's a bugger taking photos when the build gets to this stage.
You now need a step-ladder.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I see the "Bull Nose" edging is going across the lintels.
Can we expect a "Dog's Head" or "Wedding Cake" to be an essential part of this structure?
Is the roof going to be transparrent?
I've emailed ATC (Ask the Contractor), but you never get a reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports