Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The one or it may have been two programs I downloaded gave the impression that you, not you personally but the station, want to keep on the right side of the club so wouldnt ask any question that could be classed as being controversial or put them in a spot as opposed to the pressure that Harty put on people like DK when he interviewed them for Radio Sussex.

Absolute twaddle. You don't actually know what you're on about.

You're contradicting yourself, making things up, and creating a narrative that doesn't hold up.

Just for a start, why would the radio station want to be so keen to 'keep on the right side of the club'?

What's evident is you don't know what a controversial question is. The one you said we wouldn't ask wasn't controversial.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You have your views I have mine lets leave it at that

I'll take views, opinion and criticism of the show from those who are regular (or even semi-regular) listeners. We do strive to make the show better. We don't always succeed, but we enjoy what we do, and we do take on board what is said. We like to think that those who do listen in get at least some value and/or enjoyment from it.

However, seeing as, by your own admission, you don't listen to the show, your view on this matter has no value. So yes, you should leave it at that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought it was a very interesting program with the other PB, shame the village idiot is back to spoil everything

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing to do with the recent show good or bad just correcting an earlier post by TLO which I think is wrong. Assuming it was aimed at me, and Hastings Gull thinks he has problems with insults.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I suppose Flying High will appear soon

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'll take views, opinion and criticism of the show from those who are regular (or even semi-regular) listeners. We do strive to make the show better. We don't always succeed, but we enjoy what we do, and we do take on board what is said. We like to think that those who do listen in get at least some value and/or enjoyment from it.

However, seeing as, by your own admission, you don't listen to the show, your view on this matter has no value. So yes, you should leave it at that.

Wow. You really cant handle feedback. Thats like saying if you own a restaurant you wouldn't accept a review or criticism from someone who was there for the first time..

Being in the industry i find your statement staggering.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wow. You really cant handle feedback.

I write that we welcome feedback, and you decide to write the polar opposite about that fact. How imaginative of you to tell us what we do and don't do.

Thats like saying if you own a restaurant you wouldn't accept a review or criticism from someone who was there for the first time..

Actually, it's nothing like that. That's a poor comparison.

If I go to a restaurant, I would expect a consistency of content and quality. If that's what you expect from the show week-in, week-out, you're going to be in for a sore disappointment. We don't promise that, and listeners won't expect it.

Being in the industry i find your statement staggering.

Which industry - catering, broadcasting or professional criticism?

You find it (whatever 'it' is) 'staggering'...? Blimey.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I write that we welcome feedback, and you decide to write the polar opposite about that fact. How imaginative of you to tell us what we do and don't do.

Actually, it's nothing like that. That's a poor comparison.

If I go to a restaurant, I would expect a consistency of content and quality. If that's what you expect from the show week-in, week-out, you're going to be in for a sore disappointment. We don't promise that, and listeners won't expect it.

Which industry - catering, broadcasting or professional criticism?

You find it (whatever 'it' is) 'staggering'...? Blimey, you must have an uneventful existence.

Welcoming feedback and being able to handle feedback are 2 different things.

I work in the broadcasting industry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Welcoming feedback and being able to handle feedback are 2 different things.

I can handle feedback as long as it is fair and relevant. I'm also allowed a right of reply to anyone's comments.

BG was actually criticisng the station rather than the show, and I defended the station. His was feedback is from someone who doesn't listen to the show, nor the station, doesn't know anything about the station (hence the irrelevant comment about Radio Reverb upsetting the Albion - RR really won't care about doing that; the Albion aren't high on the station's list of concerns), and pre-judges the content - which is what he did on the other thread.

Then when someone asked about him coming on, I commented on his one appearance. His rant about that summer's acquisitions was a fair comment (I actually agreed at the time); his follow-up comment considering what he'd said for the previous five minutes (that we'd finish third) was genuinely funny.

We've had many criticisms of the show (some are on this thread) - the music is too loud, the sound quality is shite, the guest was boring, the co-presenters were boring etc. - and we deal with it.

I work in the broadcasting industry.

In what capacity? Genuinely curious.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The best binfests on NSC are the ones you don't see coming.

<opens packet of chocolate digestives>

I do wish they would stagger the binfests, or a least have a 'catch-up' facility. They are better live though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What I dont understand is that a normal person cannot advertise their garage or builders but you can blatantly promote your radio show, seems like double standards to me.

I guess because it is not a commercial venture but rather a public service that is likely to of real interest to many Albion fans.

But regardless, welcome back BG. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I dont understand is that a normal person cannot advertise their garage or builders but you can blatantly promote your radio show, seems like double standards to me.

Being criticised by you is as good an indication as it's possible to have that one is doing the right thing. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here