Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thank you I shall be speaking to him shortly but having read it myself it looks like 1 post saying he doubted that the question would be asked, hardly hijacking a thread.

He said it won't be asked because it falls into the category of questions the club won't want to answer.

1. Why wouldn't the club answer a question about its structure and hierarchy?

2. Even if they didn't want to answer it (and I would have no idea why - though evidently Brian does), what makes him think we wouldn't ask it?

In which case, you could ask him 'why did he post that...?'

flying high

May 12, 2009
He said it won't be asked because it falls into the category of questions the club won't want to answer.

1. Why wouldn't the club answer a question about its structure and hierarchy?

2. Even if they didn't want to answer it (and I would have no idea why - though evidently Brian does), what makes him think we wouldn't ask it?

In which case, you could ask him 'why did he post that...?'

I will do but he may chose to answer it himself tomorrow, if he comes back on here as I know he has got the hump with the unfair criticism he gets on here and his family have all told him not to go on NSC as he doesnt need the hassle at his age.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I will do but he may chose to answer it himself tomorrow, if he comes back on here as I know he has got the hump with the unfair criticism he gets on here and his family have all told him not to go on NSC as he doesnt need the hassle at his age.

Bollocks, the criticism is perfectly fair. BG (and whoever you are) are just the latest in a long line of people to decide they are special and that the abuse they are getting is special when in reality it doesn't fall outside of the normal level of background abuse nearly everyone recieves. You have any idea how many times I've been banned on here?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bollocks, the criticism is perfectly fair. BG (and whoever you are) are just the latest in a long line of people to decide they are special and that the abuse they are getting is special when in reality it doesn't fall outside of the normal level of background abuse nearly everyone recieves. You have any idea how many times I've been banned on here?
You actively look for opportunities to make an unpopular comment to get a reaction whereas BG has a band of merry men following him around waiting to quote him and troll him. There is the difference.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does he? Does he really? Do you honestly believe that? Blimey.

I think if you look at his posts, you'll find the same names appearing pretty much straight after him.

I'm not condoning what he's said, that isn't the point. I was more responding to "Flying High" saying that BG has been advised to stay off here as he doesn't need the hassle, and frankly, I think that's the wisest thing that's been said on the matter since it kicked off with that bizarre thread whenever it was.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Mr Large ...ever thought about having BG on the show...he seems to have been watching the Albion for a fair old while

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Large ...ever thought about having BG on the show...he seems to have been watching the Albion for a fair old while

We've spent ages trying to get up listener figures up...

One of the few times we've done a phone-in (or rather a phone-out) was to have BG on. It was at the start of the 2008/09 season (and one of the first shows I was on), and we asked him what he thought of our squad recruitment during the summer. He spent the next five minutes or so moaning and berating the club for the lack of quality we'd acquired, saying we really needed this player and that player, and was very concerned as to how it was going, and how the season would go. We then asked him what position he thought we'd finish.

"Third", he said.

Sadly, we don't have the recording any more.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

One of the few times we've done a phone-in (or rather a phone-out) was to have BG on. It was at the start of the 2008/09 season (and one of the first shows I was on), and we asked him what he thought of our squad recruitment during the summer. He spent the next five minutes or so moaning and berating the club for the lack of quality we'd acquired, saying we really needed this player and that player, and was very concerned as to how it was going, and how the season would go. We then asked him what position he thought we'd finish.

"Third", he said.

:lol:

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I've just caught up with the latest podcast and thought it was a great interview with Paul Beirne. For all of the corporate vs non corporate views it sounds to me like the people we're recruiting are going to push the commerical side forward.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You actively look for opportunities to make an unpopular comment to get a reaction whereas BG has a band of merry men following him around waiting to quote him and troll him. There is the difference.

No he doesn't. No more than I do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The best binfests on NSC are the ones you don't see coming.

<opens packet of chocolate digestives>

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

"Third", he said.

Dam that would have been interesting :D

my post was a little tongue in cheek :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

"Third", he said.

I would think the reason for that is that I dont think that it ever existed. To the best of my memory and recollection I have never given an interview or opinion to Reverb either in their studio, wherever that is, or out at a game. My memory may be failing me and I may have done so without realising it was being recorded. Assuming that TLO is correct after saying about the signings in the summer I certainly wouldnt have suggested that we would finish 3rd I may have possibly suggested with the signings I allegedly suggested we could. finish 3rd. Not having the details at my finger tips I checked with wiki and we certainly signed some dross during that summer and actually finished 16th

Perhaps TLO would like to jog my memory about this so called recording recording.

As far as I can remember my only contact with that station was to ask how to down load their program which I did and didnt like it so have never listened or downloaded it since .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would think the reason for that is that I dont think that it ever existed. To the best of my memory and recollection I have never given an interview or opinion to Reverb either in their studio, wherever that is, or out at a game. My memory may be failing me and I may have done so without realising it was being recorded. Assuming that TLO is correct after saying about the signings in the summer I certainly wouldnt have suggested that we would finish 3rd I may have possibly suggested with the signings I allegedly suggested we could. finish 3rd. Not having the details at my finger tips I checked with wiki and we certainly signed some dross during that summer and actually finished 16th

Perhaps TLO would like to jog my memory about this so called recording recording.

As far as I can remember my only contact with that station was to ask how to down load their program which I did and didnt like it so have never listened or downloaded it since .

I just have jogged your memory. And face it - your memory is not your most reliable asset. Nor is your memory.

As I stated at the top of that post, you were on a phone-out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To the best of my recollection I have never been on a phone out from Reverb: from Radio Sussex with Harty many times but not Reverb. I remember having a discussion with you walking from Wivlesfield station to a pre season friendly at Burgess Hill around about that time, or perhaps a season or so later, but no other conversation around that time.

I think that it is best to just forget it as I have no wish to listen to that station, once was enough for me.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one or it may have been two programs I downloaded gave the impression that you, not you personally but the station, want to keep on the right side of the club so wouldnt ask any question that could be classed as being controversial or put them in a spot as opposed to the pressure that Harty put on people like DK when he interviewed them for Radio Sussex. As it happened, so it has been reported, you did ask the question and PB did answer it so no problem, you, the club and the listeners are all happy. A successful interview

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here