The Albion in film?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Palace got a mention in "My Bautiful Launderette"...

The gay English bloke gets asked by one of his straight friends why he's supporting Millwall now and not Pal;ace like the rest of his old schoolmates. Guess that's not a quote the New Denners are proud to mention.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The 1962 detective film, Jigsaw, had Jack Warner (the veteran actor; not the allegedly corrupt football administrator) playing a long-suffering Albion fan. At one stage the inspector moans about losing to Southampton. The film was set in Brighton.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not quite the Albion, but Sussex-by-the-sea can be heard in the background of the film Alice in Wonderland.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not a big screen but I remember an episode of Judge John Deed when he went down to Brighton for the weekend with his girlfriend and son and spoke about going to see the game on Saturday afternoon - this was when we were at Withdean when POTG was a distant dream so there was much sniggering from me.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Not a big screen but I remember an episode of Judge John Deed when he went down to Brighton for the weekend with his girlfriend and son and spoke about going to see the game on Saturday afternoon - this was when we were at Withdean when POTG was a distant dream so there was much sniggering from me.
Yes he did actually go to the game at Withdean, clear footage of play, but not sure what game though.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Not the Albion but which big war film was it that starred Donald Sutherland as a Nazi officer. I distinctly remember senior ranking officers and s s standing around talking about the invasion of Britain and Donald Sutherlands character replies " I hear Brighton is lovely this time of year"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports