Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion in film?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ralph Brown wore an Albion shirt in that prison football film (Mean Machine?) - can't remember if we got a verbal reference.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Ralph Brown wore an Albion shirt in that prison football film (Mean Machine?) - can't remember if we got a verbal reference.
I think you will find Mr Brown wore a shirt in Up and Under and In mean machine in the warden office there was a Brighton Clock and Penant

Sorry to sound smug lol

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Can I ask, wasnt forced veneance a Chuck Norris Marial Arts film ? where do we appear in that?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not Albion mentions but:

Vicente was in Goal II:Living the dream.

Russell Osman was in Escape to Victory.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It's about time someone made a film of "and smith must score" ( the great premium bond swindle)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
How about The Falmer Stadium Mystery, a thriller about dodgy dealings, planning shenanigans and with a Hollywood ending (vs Donny on August 6th 2011).

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard something about a storm trooper in one of the star wars movies was wearing a brighton watch which you can vaguely make out. Not sure though as I haven't seen it myself

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I know it doesn't count as film but does anyone remenber Slade recording a video on the pitch before a match at the Goldstone in the late 70s? I distinctly remeber the North Stand kept chanting "Noddy Holder he's a wanker".

D

Deleted User X18H

I am sure there is a billboard in the original Brighton Rock advertising a match. They were filming up the Drove the other day two young lads messing about with a suitcase. Bloke had a big camera on his shoulder and another with a boom mic. Irrelevant I know but interesting.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I know it doesn't count as film but does anyone remenber Slade recording a video on the pitch before a match at the Goldstone in the late 70s? I distinctly remeber the North Stand kept chanting "Noddy Holder he's a wanker".

yes they did,it was called "give us a goal".Just watched the video on youtube.I was in the Northstand at the time but can't remember who we were playing.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There are plenty of seagulls in one of the Hitchcock films, can't remember which one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here