Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion in 5 years time

Jimmy Grimble

I think

Stadium will be open but will have been a year late following delays (nothing ever runs to plan for the Albion)

Where do you expect us to be and what sort of average crowd figures. In short are you optimistic or pessimistic about our future?

I reckon we'll be in the top half of the Championship with crowds of about 18k. Is that expecting too much or too little?

DK and MA will be long gone

Not far wrong!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing really. We really do take where we are at for granted sometimes.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brilliant bounce. 13k at home? What on earth were you all thinking? That we were Crystal Palace or something?! :wink:

Love the Simster/Reading comments.

Jimmy Grimble

Maybe we need a weekly or monthly 'perspective bounce'? :wink:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
This is a brilliant bounce. Amazing how many people thought we would only average 13000/14000 fans!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont even think the most positive person on NSC would have posted in 5 years now we will have attendences at 28,500 and that we have the highest attendence in the Championship and currently flirting with the Playoffs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dont even think the most positive person on NSC would have posted in 5 years now we will have attendences at 28,500 and that we have the highest attendence in the Championship and currently flirting with the Playoffs.

As long as we have a team at the right end of the table, not sure the division matters that much, playing attractive football the place will be very full however big the stadium, it has been forever thus. Now we have one of the best stadiums in the country the sky really is the limit. Fall away though and the crowds will plummet. More fairweather fans down here than just about anywhere in the country imo.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
As long as we have a team at the right end of the table, not sure the division matters that much, playing attractive football the place will be very full however big the stadium, it has been forever thus. Now we have one of the best stadiums in the country the sky really is the limit. Fall away though and the crowds will plummet. More fairweather fans down here than just about anywhere in the country imo.

I think you're being a little harsh on the fan base - a club with a new stadium and pretty much new infrastructure will always attract a new legion of followers... And we need young fans coming through for generations to come. It’s not like Albion have a great deal of competition for support base do we? Being one of the new fan base I believe sometimes it takes a glossy new stadium to feel part of the club - Withdean was hardly the most welcoming of places was it : )

I know plenty of fans who are first time ST holders that fully intend on renewing tickets come June and coinsidently very few who intend on not renewing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you're being a little harsh on the fan base - a club with a new stadium and pretty much new infrastructure will always attract a new legion of followers... And we need young fans coming through for generations to come. It’s not like Albion have a great deal of competition for support base do we? Being one of the new fan base I believe sometimes it takes a glossy new stadium to feel part of the club - Withdean was hardly the most welcoming of places was it : )

I know plenty of fans who are first time ST holders that fully intend on renewing tickets come June and coinsidently very few who intend on not renewing.

I was actually thinking of the Goldstone rather than casting aspersions on the jump in fans at Falmer. Our crowds when we were winning in style even in division three were massive, often much bigger than when we got to the First division and didn't do so well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I notice not one person in their wildest dreams predicted how fantastically well we'd be doing now. Maybe the moaners could try and remember that? (I realise that's not actually going to happen).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we'll get in a decent manager - someone like Chris Hughton perhaps - who will get us to the PL, probably for the 2017-18 season. I think we'll do OK, and finish a solid 15th.

What? Oh - you can see the date this was posted? Oh shit...............................................................

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think we'll get in a decent manager - someone like Chris Hughton perhaps - who will get us to the PL, probably for the 2017-18 season. I think we'll do OK, and finish a solid 15th.

What? Oh - you can see the date this was posted? Oh shit...............................................................
Yeah, maybe you should be careful what you wish for or expect. I mean, do you really want some one who will steady the ship and bring a feel good factor to the whole of the area? I think not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was heading for 20,000 prettendances when squad quality was allowed to drop, including the Hyppia period. Still amazing crowd figures compared to 2008 predictions.

The seminal moment was sacking Burke and Hyppa, and signing CH and good players - the club haven't looked back since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here