Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Albion 2012 financial results" thread

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can someone explain what is the key data is and how we compare against our rivals?

I like the players wages % thing, would love to see a league table of that and would be very interested to see where we sit.

Average Championship wage bill in 2010/11,was £16.9million.

As I don't want to incur roaming charges, can someone have a peek at the directors emoluments section?

Code:
Directors' remuneration		
	2012	2011
	£	£
Emoluments	333,963	221,418

Group pension contributions to money purchase pension schemes	56,089	21,418

Compensation for loss of office	74,880	

During the year retirement benefits were accruing to 4 directors		
(2011 - 1) in respect of defined contribution pension schemes		

The highest paid director received remuneration of £142,887 		
(2011 - £129,218)		

The value of the company's contributions paid to a defined 		
contribution pension scheme in respect of the highest paid		
director amounted to £38,309  (2011 - £12,918)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Palace can say all they want, a lot of this is losses bought forward from the previous year.

We have £144,967,674 of debtors in our assets.

Tony Bloom's also converted £40,000,000 debt into share capital, he now has 91% control.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I would think that any club that was playing at a sports centre a couple of years ago, that then builds a state of the art stadium, a new training ground, extends the new stadium, whilst buying and loaning players to compete in a league up from less than two years ago, would not be showing a profit for quite a few years.
I think TB and the board realised that it would take time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
2012 staff costs doubled to £14.7m (2011 £7.2m), but wages to turnover ratio down from 95% to 67%.

67% wages to turnover ratio lower than many in Championship: Bristol City 157%, Leicester 130%, #Boro 119%, Forest 119%, Cardiff 103%

To me, with the future in mind a FFP, this is a key figure. You do wonder how the other clubs are going to comply given Barber has already said it's going to be a challenge for us !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
but is 140 million in debt healthy regardless of who it is owned to.

We are dependant on TB finances never hitting a rocky spell

Maybe I'm missing the point

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Palace won't have the Zaha money in the 2012 accounts to massage their figures.

Having cashed in on Zaha it will be interesting to see the extent to the money is used to offset other areas of their costs and what if any portion of his transfer fee goes back into the transfer budget. I guess it won't be apparent for another year or two.

It is hard to imagine that they currently have the income (without one off windfalls from Zaha) to cover costs so must be really desperate from a financial point of view to get to the Premiership this year. If they fail would they even be promotion contenders next season? So could it be s**t or bust for them. It would be a real test for CPFC 2010 - do they splash out on a new stadium / revamp of SP when they can't fill the current one? How would they service the debts this would create - are the CPFC 2010 syndicate able to afford the sort of long term view that Tony Bloom has?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The point is TB loves the Albion and we should appreciate his efforts 100%.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The point is TB loves the Albion and we should appreciate his efforts 100%.

Indeed we should.

The ultimate aim of the club is to make a profit and not have to rely on the directors injecting funds all the time.
The loan from TB, as long as it is written in stone that if not repayed it will be converted into shares, is not therefore really an issue.
That's how I see it anyway. El Pres can put me straight if that is not correct.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where does Tony Bloom get the money to pay for this, and how does he finance his debt -which must be astronomical? He can't have won it all on on-line poker surely?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who in their right mind would buy Tony Bloom's share of a football club that owes £145 million?

Right now ... nobody.

Ever? ... who knows?
Surely that's the problem with the EPL, in a nutshell.

£145 million is a drop in the ocean, in the top flight.

Esp when you're buying a complete stadium & training facility.

Obviously the fans don't come into it, although having sell outs help sweeten the deal.

All you have to do is buy out TB, perhaps with money borrowed against further earnings, spend 125% of the income on wages to guarantee promotion, cream off the added revenue and walk away before 'they' cotton on.

We have so much to be grateful to Mr Bloom, for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here