Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Albion 2012 financial results" thread

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
With 200% rise in turnover and 30% rise in profits its all good. If anyone walked in to a bank and said my business is growing by that amouth with that amount of profit rise they would fall over themselves to sign them up

What profit? The loss increased by 29%!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
How come ticketing was only £7.9m

16k ordinary season tix @ say average £400 = £6.4m (many cost more but there are concessions)
2k 1901 members @ c. £1k = £2m (from memory its about £80 per month?)
100k sundry tickets (2k league games, £20k cup games) @ c. £20 = £2m

Total c. £10.4m

I know they're all guestimates but even so I can't see where £2.5m difference would come from? :shrug:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Essentially our our revenue and expenses have grown at similar rates meaning our loss is about the same as at Withdean. Except for something called "player amortisation" that was zero in 2011. Any ideas?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can someone explain what is the key data is and how we compare against our rivals?

I like the players wages % thing, would love to see a league table of that and would be very interested to see where we sit.

It's not just player wages, is it, it must be all wages (I guess).

The move to the Amex must have meant loads of new staff were hired, in all areas of the business.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Essentially our our revenue and expenses have grown at similar rates meaning our loss is about the same as at Withdean. Except for something called "player amortisation" that was zero in 2011. Any ideas?

This is where the club writes off transfer fees over the contract period. So CMS cost £2.5 million but has a 4 year contract, and therefore £625k a year will be charged to the P&L for 4 years.

16k ordinary season tix @ say average £400 = £6.4m (many cost more but there are concessions)

Total c. £10.4m

I know they're all guestimates but even so I can't see where £2.5m difference would come from? :shrug:
Don't forget that a significant proportion of ticket sales revenue disappears as VAT. And then there are the discounted tickets, including special deals for families, kids, seniors, etc. Not to mention season ticket discounts.

The average revenue per ticket sold seems to me to be a little under £15.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Total c. £10.4m

Figures in the accounts are NET of VAT. You need to multiply the amounts you pay for season tickets by 100/120 to get closer to the figures in the accounts

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I don't want to incur roaming charges, can someone have a peek at the directors emoluments section?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
It's not just player wages, is it, it must be all wages (I guess).

The move to the Amex must have meant loads of new staff were hired, in all areas of the business.

Yes, must be all staff.

Would love to see an ascending league table of these stats, my gut tells me we'd be high up the league.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As I don't want to incur roaming charges, can someone have a peek at the directors emoluments section?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364038902.444109.jpg

That help?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Any guesses as to the highest paid director who is getting £142k !

And would it be Brown getting the loss of office payment of £74k ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here