Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 92

Feb 14, 2010
Around 70 odd I think, but its been a while since I counted them up. A few are not in the league anymore. Worst football league ground, well it has to be our own Withdean. After that, probably The Dell. A weird shape and all very naff. (I like lots of the old small grounds like Brentford, Rochdale ect). Nice pub near the ground tho'. As for the best, our very own Goldstone for me (I miss the place) but other than that, I liked Leeds Road, Huddersfield before they knocked it down. Upton Park used to be good when the North Bank and South Bank were terraces. Looks dreadful now its all seater. The old Den also used to have character with The Half way line and a bit of an odd shape, but like the Goldstone, it sort of worked. Brisbane Road, Orient used to be good as well but again the new works and all seater seems to have lost its charm. Best new ground is Arsenal. The Amex is up there but the ends behind the goal are too small and we also have a wonky roof over the north stand.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I suspect that I am considerably older than you.

Yeah, you would be right. Although I'm joining the Navy next year, so I won't have much opportunity to go to home games, let alone away games. :(

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
When my father retired, he spent the first two years of retirement visiting every racecourse in England, Scotland and Wales.

He did a write up on them all, and marked them on a variety of issues, including entrance fee, betting facilities, view, food and whether the beer was served in glass, not plastic! He did categorise them, saying it's hard to compare some of the smaller Scottish courses, such as Kelso,with some of the huge English ones like Ascot and Newmarket.

I can't remember which one came out on top, I'll have to dig the book out, but I'm pretty sure Wolverhampton came bottom.

Any luck finding the book M3W4 ???

I saw this the other day:

30in30for30 | Every Ballpark, Every Day.

Wouldn't like all the car travel though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here