Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 92

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
82 of the current 92, and these are grounds not clubs e.g. although I went to Millmoor I lost this a few years back and still need to go the New York Stadium.

This is the correct way to count it.
Also:
23 of 59 racecourses
5 of 18 (main) cricket grounds

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
23 of 59 racecourses

When my father retired, he spent the first two years of retirement visiting every racecourse in England, Scotland and Wales.

He did a write up on them all, and marked them on a variety of issues, including entrance fee, betting facilities, view, food and whether the beer was served in glass, not plastic! He did categorise them, saying it's hard to compare some of the smaller Scottish courses, such as Kelso,with some of the huge English ones like Ascot and Newmarket.

I can't remember which one came out on top, I'll have to dig the book out, but I'm pretty sure Wolverhampton came bottom.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I used to be in the mid 60s - now I am down to 45. Very rarely go to away games now but did a load 20 years or so ago. So places like Baseball Ground, Filbert Street, Ninian Park, Vetch Field, Layer Road, Gay Meadow, Burden Park and quite a few others have dropped off the list. So have The Memorial Ground, Underhill and a few others no longer in the league. And I've cheated counted Kingstonian as Wimbledon. Loads of non league grounds with cup games and friendlies such as Canvey, Sudbury, Weymouth. But my 92 score is only ever likely to go down in future.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Agree that Burnley terrace was good, but Huddersfield's Leeds Road was the most impressive terrace I've seen. The old side terrace at Bradford was by far the least impressive.
Fair point ,The Cowshed at Leeds Rd was an impressive sight .

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
best = anfield

worst = belle vue

Aye....Doncaster was awful with the fence that you couldn't see through, other bad ones were Crewe & The Dell both with terracing that was below the level of the pitch, the grassy knoll at Wigan , & it was always several degrees below freezing on the open end at Roker ( I think Sunderland is the only place where i prefer the new ground to the old one )

Old (extinct ) favourites were Highbury & Gay Meadow.

The Holte End at Villa seemed to be the biggest terrace that i ever went on, where you couldn't see the back from half way up.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
32 in 36 years

Best Craven Cottage - Proper old school

Worst The Britannia Stadium - Cold, characterless and in a horrible area

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Let me count.

Charlton x4 - Great Ground, I love the place.

Watford x3

Yeovil

Leeds

Sheffield Wednesday

Rotherham (new ground)

Reading

Blackpool - yeah, er, don't go there

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Crawley (who?)

Brighton of course

---------------

Not as much as a lot of you though. Jesus, don't know how you do it.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Embarrassingly low in all honesty. Looking to get a few of the Northern grounds under my belt when I go to Uni next year.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Let me count.

Charlton x4 - Great Ground, I love the place.

Watford x3

Yeovil

Leeds

Sheffield Wednesday

Rotherham (new ground)

Reading

Blackpool - yeah, er, don't go there

Liverpool

Man Utd

Chelsea

Crawley (who?)

Brighton of course

---------------

Not as much as a lot of you though. Jesus, don't know how you do it.

I suspect that I am considerably older tthan you.

Embarrassingly low in all honesty. Looking to get a few of the Northern grounds under my belt when I go to Uni next year.

If you haven't been to Uni yet it cannot be embarrasingly low. We all have to start somewhere.

And anyway, on the list of great achievements, visiting lots of football grounds is not up there as something to be really proud of.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
58 Current, plus an extra 10 old ground only and 3 conference grounds. It takes some patience this ground hopping lark, with very few opportunities to pick up new ones in the coming season. Last season I managed to gain Burton, Huddersfield and Rotherham (to displace the old Millmoor). Relegation was kind to me, as Hartlepool looked doomed, but survived sending down Tranmere and Cheltenham, neither of which were on my list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here