Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 6th Annual Robert Eaton Memorial Trophy Match - Lewes FC-Fri 27th April,7.30 ko

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Large One said:
Post Script.

This match is one week before polling in the local elections. Just in case anyone saw this as an opportunity for making a point about Lewes District Council's behaviour while in their own back yard (I know I did at first) on the 27th, then a kindly word to the wise...

DON'T.

Lewes FC have a good working relationship with Lewes District Council, and would not be happy if Brighton fans along in order to be 'political'. The time for that is the night before at Attila's gig.

:)

thats ok then :shootself

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know Falmer is not the priority of these events, but I fail to see how a bit of falmer publicity at this event in LDC's backyard would go a miss? How LDC could blame Lewes FC if we did make a state is beyond me.

Have Lewes FC specifically asked for fans not to highlight Falmer?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Springal said:
I know Falmer is not the priority of these events, but I fail to see how a bit of falmer publicity at this event in LDC's backyard would go a miss? How LDC could blame Lewes FC if we did make a state is beyond me.

Have Lewes FC specifically asked for fans not to highlight Falmer?
Yes, they have. And as they are our gracious hosts, I firmly believe we should honour that request.

They don't HAVE to host this game. They are doing it because we asked them, and they do appreciate the support we've given them in the recent past. It's a two-way street, so I have no problems in acceeding to this request. I hope everyone else can too.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So they're in support of LDC?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Springal said:
So they're in support of LDC?
What do you mean by that?

Are they in support of LDC's stance over Falmer? No, they're not. Are they beholden to LDC to ensure that they have permission to re-build the Dripping Pan? Yes, they are. And seeing as they have had that support, they don't want to knock it. Their circumstances are different from ours.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Large One said:
What do you mean by that?

Lewes FC, are they in support of LDC's stance on Falmer or against?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is this thread being used as an argument for or against LDC?

REMF is nothing whatsoever to do with the Famer argument, it is something celebrating the life of a fan who died in tragic circumstances and it is raising money to pay for young people playing the game in his memory.

Please do not belittle this cause with petty LDC arguments.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hold on TLO has made a reasonable request and we must adhere to it, there will be plenty of opportunity to state our case against LDC , REMF 6 is NOT the fourm to do it, please can everyone keep politics out of the REMF 6.

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
brett I can wait, sunday league has finished and now I only have the REMF match to look forward to.

Fingers crossed I can make it my hatrick year, played in two REMF matches and never lost.

Remember Tom's pen last year, hit a small mole hill and bounced over the diving keeper.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Count me in please Andy... :)

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
Fatboy,

fingers crossed you should have got my e-mail about playing in this year's REMF.

have we got any warm up games planned?

Also have Toby or Sam contacted you?

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Little Rich said:
brett I can wait, sunday league has finished and now I only have the REMF match to look forward to.

Fingers crossed I can make it my hatrick year, played in two REMF matches and never lost.

Remember Tom's pen last year, hit a small mole hill and bounced over the diving keeper.

We still got one game left next weekend, after a shocking double header a couple of weeks back

Im sure Hove Lawns can provide a warm up match if needs be

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
Brett, it felt well weird playing against you this season. Good luck for next weekend

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The following people have said yes:

Griffin
Walmsley
Healey
Owen
Allen
Morris
Buss
Rogers
Kane
Mendoza
Marlowe
Mellor
McCarthy
Morris
Coleman
Edmonds

And I have not yet heard from:
Phillips

Has anyone got contact details for Toby?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here