Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 5th Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, The Oval 21-25.08.13

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
and Watson gets hit, turning his head away, and whacked just below the ear by Broad... not nice.

Oh my word that must have hurt, right behind the ear where you neck stops and your head starts.

He's batting on though, tough as old boots these cricketers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Warne bleating on Sky commentary really is tiresome... look... you are THREE NIL DOWN, mate!

It's a fair point though. Warne was a genius in the field, wasn't just his bowling that got wickets, he out thought his opponents on many occasions, if he wasn't such an idiot, he'd have made a brilliant test captain in my opinion.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's a fair point though. Warne was a genius in the field, wasn't just his bowling that got wickets, he out thought his opponents on many occasions, if he wasn't such an idiot, he'd have made a brilliant test captain in my opinion.

He just talks too much... I can see what is going on... I don't need him jabbering away pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kerrigan has 47 wickets at 20 this season, whereas Tredwell has 12 wickets at 54. Kerrigan also has 7 years on his side compared to Tredwell.

I'm not buying into this idea I'm afraid!

In Tredwell's last 2 County Championship matches he's taken 11 wickets @ 20 apiece. Seems decent enough form to me.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
In Tredwell's last 2 County Championship matches he's taken 11 wickets @ 20 apiece. Seems decent enough form to me.

The reality is the next spinner after Swann is Monty.

However Monty is all over the place at present, so they are looking at Kerrigan.

Expect Monty to travel to Australia though and Kerrigan to be on the Lions tour that will also be Down Under.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The reality is the next spinner after Swann is Monty.

However Monty is all over the place at present, so they are looking at Kerrigan.

Expect Monty to travel to Australia though and Kerrigan to be on the Lions tour that will also be Down Under.

So as good as Swann is, we really don't have much strength in depth at all spin-wise, do we?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Doesn't that mean before those games he must have been pretty shocking? You said Woakes hadn't made a case, he's surely made a better on than Tredwell

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Clarke bowled

BOOM

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Doesn't that mean before those games he must have been pretty shocking? You said Woakes hadn't made a case, he's surely made a better on than Tredwell

I'm sure I remember at the Champions trophy in late June (where Tredwell player very well IMHO) he didn't have a County Championship wicket in 4or5 matches.

To be fair though, until mid July most grounds were seamers paradises. Easy to forget that the early part of this summer was awful weatherwise.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As long as he does not have a needless slash around his off stump, he will be fine.

022687-boom-tish.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
J.M.Anderson now has taken 326 Test Match wickets... goes ahead of R.G.D.Willis (325), and now only behind I.T.Botham (383). :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here