Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 2013-14 season ticket price poll

What is your view on the 2013-14 season ticket prices?

• I'm happy

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • I'm neutral

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I'm unhappy

Votes: 12 8.9%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I already pay £270 for Uni parking so slightly miffed at an increased transport cost for something I don't use.
If everyone left their cars at home and used trains/buses the system would collapse under the volumes.
Would be interested to see an indication of the level of potential Premiership increases.

How do you believe the the improvements to the road / junctions and related infrastructure that give you the option to drive to the stadium were funded? Your travel choice is part of the transport cost of the stadium as much as anybody else's - possibly more so. I'd say less than a quid a week is good value, unless you fancy funding a new road layout yourself?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm happy with the prices announced - a few quid more each month is fine - although I'd like to know what the pricing is if we do go up so we can decide earlier

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd prefer them to put up the Travel charge by £200 and lower the ticket price by the same

just to watch Beach Hut explode

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd prefer them to put up the Travel charge by £200 and lower the ticket price by the same

just to watch Beach Hut explode

The club should just put in one cost as oppose to shooting itself in the foot with all this travel tax bollox

As it should be optional to those that don't need it

How would they administer that though?

And another thought, I am under the impression that the rail companies run EXTRA services requiring EXTRA staff incurring EXTRA costs for the football, if this is the case then you would be travelling for free at the expense of others.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How would they administer that though?

And another thought, I am under the impression that the rail companies run EXTRA services requiring EXTRA staff incurring EXTRA costs for the football, if this is the case then you would be travelling for free at the expense of others.

I have suggested ways to the club but they just ignore it. So why should those that walk to the ground pay £50 ?

Hardly a green policy is this to enforce something as they cannot be arsed to tell Southern Railway to do their job. Southern Railways put additional trains on for the Lewes bonfire night for free.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Happy with the price increase, but as someone who lives fairly local the increase in travel scheme cost isn't great. I assume I should be happy that I get the new parking scheme, but as football fans parking doesn't bother me it makes no difference.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Travel subsidy for me and Mrs at £100 is bothersome given we don't use it. I accept that (possibly) a little might go towards other transport infrastructure works and removing it would cause a major headache aswell. In saying that there really must be workable solutions rather than hitting everyone with this levy

How do you believe the the improvements to the road / junctions and related infrastructure that give you the option to drive to the stadium were funded?

I think it's a spurious argument. No doubt the club have footed the bill for various road works/parking but in the same way as they've funded stadium and training ground build. I'd imagine that 100% of the travel subsidy is going direct to the Bus and Rail Co's and the statement about other infrastructure is just a bit of cute positioning

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I pretty much expected this however what I find unpalatable is the fact that they give no indication as to what the price change will be should we get promoted. They should be in a position to know what the additional income from being in the Prem will be in respect of TV revenues alone and the increase will be substantial. On top of that there will be increases in advertising revenue, sponsorship etc. In effect, there should be no reason whatsoever to increase the prices should we get promoted (some may argue that they could even reduce them but that, I fear, is in the realms of fantasy!).

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I have suggested ways to the club but they just ignore it. So why should those that walk to the ground pay £50 ?

Hardly a green policy is this to enforce something as they cannot be arsed to tell Southern Railway to do their job. Southern Railways put additional trains on for the Lewes bonfire night for free.

Not at the request of the Bonfire Societies they don't. I expect the extra trains for matchdays are requested by the club.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Was made redundant just before Xmas, so am having to make sacrifices already to see out the season. Am a STH in the North Stand, and I can't really complain at just under £40 per month (less than £20 per game). My worry is that if we do go up this year I wont be able to afford any further increase, without making further sacrifices. Everyone has their own circumstances, and I think that the club have been fair and transparent throughout...the child's prices are excellent though, and i wait to see the match by match prices to see how the categories work. Overall, fair play to all concerned, and we have to pay for underseat heating somehow....(wishful thinking today...)

A very fair assessment by someone who is genuinely having to watch the pennies. The very few that are whingeing would do well to read this post.

Good luck with the job hunting mrjon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here