The 2013-14 season ticket price poll

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your view on the 2013-14 season ticket prices?

• I'm happy

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • I'm neutral

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I'm unhappy

Votes: 12 8.9%

• Total voters

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In an ideal world us as fans wouldn't have to subsidise each other, but just as some fans subsidise others in the travel element, it must not also be forgotten that full adult ticket prices, either by season ticket or match by match, subsidise little jonny or miranda that rock up with their daddy, or grandad morris who gets his OAP discount.

In summary, it's a shared responsibility that each one of us can turn our backs on at any time should we so wish!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not at the request of the Bonfire Societies they don't. I expect the extra trains for matchdays are requested by the club.

So if Southern decided to just run a normal service everything would be OK on bonfire night and no-one would complain ?

I think not somehow

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They don't break down the stewarding costs on the ticket, but if they did, i would argue that i shouldn't pay it as i don't cause trouble and don't need protection or assistance :angel:

Hopefully they will stop quoting the travel subsidy next season and just include it in the price. Then we can moan about something else

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully they will stop quoting the travel subsidy next season and just include it in the price.

Entirely agree with this, there really is no need to split it out as tickets are still cheaper than most other Championship grounds bar Bolton I think this season plus no doubt the location at Bolton will be inferior to WSU

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have watched the Paul Barber interview on the club website. Have to say that so far haven't been too surprised by what the club have done and appreciate that things need to change with FFP coming in and haven't really criticised anything. However, I think it smacks of insincerity to suggest that not advising what the ticket prices will be should we get promotion is a way of not putting extra pressure on GP and the team. I hardly think any of the team will give two hoots regarding the effect on supporters of increased ticket prices. Also, I very much suspect that the prices are already cast in stone. GP will probably have wanted to know what his budget will be should we go up and what it is if we stay down. They probably already have ideas of the players we might be interested in depending on the outcome of the season. No doubt the club already have a budget plan in place for the different scenarios so why can't they allow supporters to do the same?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Entirely agree with this, there really is no need to split it out as tickets are still cheaper than most other Championship grounds bar Bolton I think this season plus no doubt the location at Bolton will be inferior to WSU

Keeping it separate allows them to increase it at a rate way above the rate they are increasing ticket prices as they've done this year and then "blame" the increasing cost of transport

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Is there a table to back this up as I thought we were one of the more expensive clubs?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Keeping it separate allows them to increase it at a rate way above the rate they are increasing ticket prices as they've done this year and then "blame" the increasing cost of transport

True, as I stated earlier the club will get to their promised land of a three figure sum for this in a year or two

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
So if Southern decided to just run a normal service everything would be OK on bonfire night and no-one would complain ?

I think not somehow

I'm sure visitors would complain. However, the Bonfire Societies would not. If a normal service was run on matchdays both visitors AND the club would complain. The difference is extra football trains are run FOR the Albion. Any extra Bonfire trains are run BECAUSE OF Bonfire, but not for it.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
Works out about £29 per game in WSL Centre, if we go up the price increases to £35 per game. Surely there cant be an additional increase on top of that?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
WSU block C is currently £21.30 per game. Take into account the new prices and promotion, the price per game will be £28.16, an increase of 32.17%!!!!! Then PB is threatening an even bigger increase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Travel charge read travel tax and a huge U-turn by the club as Martin Perry used it as a selling point when we moved to the Amex that it was optional.

I'd happily pay a £100 a season if I knew it f***ed you off :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports