Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 2012-13 food and drink thread - prices, running out, quality and choice etc

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
thickos that couldnt find a place on the way a darn sight cheaper,or make your own,it aint rocket science,i work every day of the bloody week ffs,no excuses,
if you dont like the food/price,either dont eat or eat before. most people sleem for 10 hours and get by without eating,christ thicko or what

I am afraid the "I have no choice" excuse. Does not wash me with me either. Those that chose not to spend there money in the Amex. As the very kind lord Bracknell pointed out. Are the ones to worry about.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
That's because they can get away it. Once the entertainment is over, most people will bugger off to the pub or go home.

The only problem with The Amex is that they're trying to avoid exactly that, and charging over the odds might be the norm, but it's certainly not going to encourage anyone to stay.

And is the point I totally missed.

And am not going to be able to forget in hurry.

Stupid getting so carried away with writing my own self centred opinion down. As pointed out by another kind poster.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
thickos that couldnt find a place on the way a darn sight cheaper,or make your own,it aint rocket science,i work every day of the bloody week ffs,no excuses,
if you dont like the food/price,either dont eat or eat before. most people sleem for 10 hours and get by without eating,christ thicko or what

I think you are, yes - I'm struggling to understand your particular brand of thickish.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
as much as yours,mmmm,cant get my head round,if you dont like it,dont do it,simples,
or shall we argue just for the sake,
no one in this town can tell me,they HAVE to eat at the amex,bullshite,but hey lets prove otherwise

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If everyone did decide to leave straight after the final whistle instead of hanging around for a beer and a chat the trains could cope with that. It would just mean bigger queues and a longer wait as the trains run at maximum capacity so in a way would the club care about the transport issues as there wouldn't be any for them ?

You are our resident expert on train matters Ernest, so I defer to your superior knowledge. However, having said that, I seriously doubt if the AMEX could operate effectively as Championship venue if 95% of the crowd chose to arrive 20 minutes before the game and a similar number chose to depart on the final whistle.

Azure have a vital role to play in making the AMEX work for everybody, including themselves. If they can't do that, they need to either shape up or f*** off.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I just hope this isn't the thin edge of the wedge, after years of fan's campaigns to get The Amex built, and the influx of another 18 000 STH's, above the 4000 at Withdean, meaning a possible new outlook among the 'new' fans, leading to an acceptance of 'corporate BHA'. We're a bit better than supply and demand, aren't we?

Not sure if this has been mentioned either, but a mate who's a Chlesea STH was in WSU for Saturday's game, and according to him the only beer being served behind the kiosks was warm Fosters out of a can. He said many pints were left half drunk because of this. Anyone else heard similar?

After last year I wasn't a fan of Azure at all. If things don't improve then maybe some sort to petitioning to the club should be a way forward?

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We're a bit better than supply and demand, aren't we?

Its not about supply and demand.

Its about encouraging people to arrive early and enticing them to stay late. Without that, nobody is going anywhere.

*smacks head against brick wall*

Being beaten 3-0 by cheating Southampton referee's ruins my match day experience. Not anything to do with food or drink.

it's not the be all and end all. And should not be treated as such.

This. I've never left a football ground annoyed because I had to queue for a drink or they didn't have my preferred choice of pie. 30p on a pint is not ideal, running out of your favourite food is a minor irritation. But it's not the end of the world.

There's no doubt that there are issues with the service which need to be addressed, but to let it ruin your whole day is a bit OTT.

That's because they can get away it. Once the entertainment is over, most people will bugger off to the pub or go home.

The only problem with The Amex is that they're trying to avoid exactly that, and charging over the odds might be the norm, but it's certainly not going to encourage anyone to stay.

But £4 a pint IS the norm these days.

The price rises might seem a bit steep on last season, but the actual prices themselves are still the going rate.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
This. I've never left a football ground annoyed because I had to queue for a drink or they didn't have my preferred choice of pie. 30p on a pint is not ideal, running out of your favourite food is a minor irritation. But it's not the end of the world.

There's no doubt that there are issues with the service which need to be addressed, but to let it ruin your whole day is a bit OTT.

but there are plenty of fans on here,that cant possible cope

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You are our resident expert on train matters Ernest, so I defer to your superior knowledge. However, having said that, I seriously doubt if the AMEX could operate effectively as Championship venue if 95% of the crowd chose to arrive 20 minutes before the game and a similar number chose to depart on the final whistle.

Azure have a vital role to play in making the AMEX work for everybody, including themselves. If they can't do that, they need to either shape up or f*** off.

There are no safety concerns as there is a strict queuing policy at the station so all that happens if everyone departs straightaway is longer queues and longer waits for the train but then as some have said if less people stay for a beer then there it becomes better as less of a queue at the bars.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just forget about the cost of beer & food at the moment. The real problem is 'Azure'. They have struggled from their original 'Quote' to run the catering costs. Like most firms trying to undercut their competitors they went in too cheap - wanting too much profit. They have since cut staff, wanting the remaining to do twice as much work for their original £6.50 hr.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are no safety concerns as there is a strict queuing policy at the station so all that happens if everyone departs straightaway is longer queues and longer waits for the train but then as some have said if less people stay for a beer then there it becomes better as less of a queue at the bars.

Why was Fatboy a H&S issue then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because the club pay for the stewarding and queue management and the promoter for FBS must have decided to not pay thus having safety issues

Given the promotors paid £50k for buses and other transport costs including stewards to monitor the buses and taxis I very much doubt they would refuse to pay for a few station queue stewards. Southern bottled it. And if fewer people hang back because of increased beer prices how long before Southern shit it and raise the draw bridge at Falmer next season?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I see on Ask the Club that insider has answered just about all questions and queries with the exception of the three questions asked about price increases next season. Let's hope they are taking the concerns seriously and formulating a plan. Like I said, let's hope, though honestly, I reckon this will get bugger all attention, just like Azures attitude towards its customers.

If i recall, We're quite good at letter writing, petitions etc, might get to that if they don't at least have the decency to respond and (try to) explain their reasoning for such OTT price increases.

And if fewer people hang back because of increased beer prices how long before Southern shit it and raise the draw bridge at Falmer next season?

Not many fewer people will hang around though. There will be a lot of huffing and puffing, but I'd be very surprised if a significant number of people leave on the final whistle because their pint has gone up by 30p. Especially when they realise that their local in town has done exactly the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here