Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 120 million pound game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is what I understood happened, clubs gaining promotion and returning straight back after relegation lost those parachute payments and the money was divided amongst the remaining Championship clubs. El P is this right or wrong?

I think I've read somewhere that this is the case too but the parachute payment is a one off equivalent of the promoted clubs next installment added onto the solidarity payment given by the Premier League to the Football League which if true means the clubs in L1 and L2 receive their pittance as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I appear to be saving about £25 a month by cancelling Sky. I still have BT Sport (part of the XL deal with Virgin - I really didn't want to lose Eurosport).

Really ?

I struggle to find anything of interest on there. Just seems to comprise of tennis, cycling, rallying, judo, skiing, tractor-pulls and Worlds Strongest Man tournaments live from Lillestrom.

What am I missing ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Really ?

I struggle to find anything of interest on there. Just seems to comprise of tennis, cycling, rallying, judo, skiing, tractor-pulls and Worlds Strongest Man tournaments live from Lillestrom.

What am I missing ?

I am a big fan of cycling. So you're probably missing nothing, but I couldn't be without it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am a big fan of cycling. So you're probably missing nothing, but I couldn't be without it.

Fair enough.

My local has binned Sky Sports recently but still has BT Sports, so I quite often grab the remote and have a skiff up through the sports channels towards BT and ESPN (mainly for the baseball). Eurosport is always bypassed fairly swiftly I must admit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still amazes me people pay for it on a contract, Match of the Day is all need

Hardly. If Premier League football is all you're interested in, then a couple of highlights shows a week is probably not going to cut it.

And you are aware they do show other live sports as well ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is what I understood happened, clubs gaining promotion and returning straight back after relegation lost those parachute payments and the money was divided amongst the remaining Championship clubs. El P is this right or wrong?

Unfortunately not KG. The parachute payments return to the PL if a club is promoted back to the top tier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here