Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Wissa Punch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m claiming about 6 shite VAR calls / non calls against us in a row in the league. Not even biased - factual 🤷🏻‍♂️

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
@Bodian posted a clip on the match thread but I think this is probably a clearer angle - Gilmour could have made a lot of jerking his head away and dropping down to the ground but it looks like there was definite contact and no intention of going for the ball imo

Watch part 2 - his fist is nowhere near the ball Wissa hits Gilmour’s face (imo)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
@Bodian posted a clip on the match thread but I think this is probably a clearer angle - Gilmour could have made a lot of jerking his head away and dropping down to the ground but it looks like there was definite contact and no intention of going for the ball imo

Watch part 2 - his fist is nowhere near the ball Wissa hits Gilmour’s face (imo)

The best you can say for the Wissa defence is that he threw a punch but didn’t intend to connect.

IMG_3865.jpeg

The notion he was aiming for the ball is for the birds.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Meh - something and nothing for me.
He's looking at the ball and swings his left arm to knock the ball out of Gilmour's arm. Gilmour simultaneously moves the ball away from him and Wissa's fingertips happen to catch WBG's face.
If you ask me the ref/VAR got it spot on - caution for WBG for delaying the re-start and caution for Wissa.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's looking at the ball and swings his left arm to knock the ball out of Gilmour's arm. Gilmour simultaneously moves the ball away from him and Wissa's fingertips happen to catch WBG's face.
If you ask me the ref/VAR got it spot on - caution for WBG for delaying the re-start and caution for Wissa.
There is no ‘fingertips’. It’s a fist. Knuckles.

The ‘intention’ argument is irrelevant. He connects with Billy’s face.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yep. A lot of blue and white tinted glasses on this thread so far.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I think the officials are just trolling us. We can't do a thing about it. The whole pen/corner/drop ball at Stamford Bridge was one of the most embarrassing moments of officiating I've ever seen. Even going to the screen to double check was just insulting.

The punch today, I've kinda given up on officials. They're all f***ing idiots and I think they take joy in our misfortune after how publicly the manager, players (Dunk) and fans have told them they are twats. Dunk should have got a medal, not a ban.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Both players booked. Let that sink in.

The inconsistency is part of the trolling. Picking and choosing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here