Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That "U.S.A" chant

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
An hour or two into the Ryder Cup and I don't know about you but I'm already getting sick of hearing what must be the most unimaginative chant in the history of sport.

I can remember at the last Ryder Cup even the American commentators were remarking on our ability to come up with lots of different and amusing songs and chants, and lamenting the fact that American fans only EVER have that one.

So 2 years on, as they haven't managed to come up with anything original, can NSC help them out? What songs &/or chants can you come up with that you would sing if you were supporting the yanks?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
No different to "Engerland, Engerland, Engerland" really

Or this Summer's "Geeeeee...................... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" effort at the Olympic footy

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only way you'll get them to do different chants is by playing loud music and putting words up on a JUMBOTRON.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No different to "Engerland, Engerland, Engerland" really

Or this Summer's "Geeeeee...................... Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" effort at the Olympic footy
Yeah, these are shit too. Especially when accompanied by that God awful Wednesday :)lolol:) band.
But HKFC hits the nail on the head. 'Get in the hole' - f*** off. Can't watch golf from America with the sound turned on for this very reason.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The only way you'll get them to do different chants is by playing loud music and putting words up on a JUMBOTRON.

You say that young Charles but a lot of the MLS chanting/atmospheres put ours to shame nowadays. Granted this is mainly the influence of latino heritage fans but they're getting there.... I love the Portland Timbers Tetris song

[YT]mDv9PDIFOHg[/yt]

I defy anyone here to watch that then claim the North Stand was "rocking" next time 20 people clap along to the Great Escape

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And The Septics wonder why wonder why most of the world loathe them...

ps Are they still booing our boys as they step up to the opening tee? :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That annoys me the most TBH. Anyone shouting that should be evicted from the course without their testes.

I think the punishment should reflect the stupidity of the call, in respect of the par of the hole in question.

Thus:

If they shout GETINTHEHOOOOOOLLLLLEEEE! on the tee of a par THREE, they should be punched hard in the face TWICE.

If they shout GETINTHEHOOOOOOLLLLLEEEE! on the tee of a par FIVE, they should be punched hard in the face FOUR TIMES.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
What about: "Sweet lords, sweet lovers, O, let us embrace" (Love Labour's Lost, Act IV Scene III)

to the sound of 'your'e going home in a ****** ambulance".

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You say that young Charles but a lot of the MLS chanting/atmospheres put ours to shame nowadays. Granted this is mainly the influence of latino heritage fans but they're getting there.... I love the Portland Timbers Tetris song

[YT]mDv9PDIFOHg[/yt]

I defy anyone here to watch that then claim the North Stand was "rocking" next time 20 people clap along to the Great Escape
The flamin stewards would go mental if we started to do that at the Amex,... can you imagine it....?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think the punishment should reflect the stupidity of the call, in respect of the par of the hole in question.

Thus:

If they shout GETINTHEHOOOOOOLLLLLEEEE! on the tee of a par THREE, they should be punched hard in the face TWICE.

If they shout GETINTHEHOOOOOOLLLLLEEEE! on the tee of a par FIVE, they should be punched hard in the face FOUR TIMES.

Why not make it easy & just stick a DRIVER up their arse (sideways, obviously)??

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
And The Septics wonder why wonder why most of the world loathe them...

ps Are they still booing our boys as they step up to the opening tee? :tosser:

I doubt they are booing anyone. They do however shout "LUUUUKKKKKKE" when Donald steps up to the tee, cos that's funny every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here