Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That sodding "AHHHH LOOK" thing that Aussie Cricketers start a sentence with...

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
There's no difference in accents between the different states & territories .
Very profound difference in accents though between large metropolitan cities and small country towns .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having just watched the post-match interviews with Andrew Strauss, Andy Flower, and (cripes) even Kevin Pieterson, I can only conclude that cricketers are INFINITELY more eloquent, interesting and articulate than footballers - it really was noticable to a STARTLING degree. Didn't notice any "ahhh looks" thankfully.

Scousers are a nightmare though. Does Gerrard say ANYTHING that doesn't begin with "eeeeeeehm" ??

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was nice to hear the commentators here acknowledging that England played better than Australia and not that they got lucky.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
I would add this to the teeth grinding "awww look"

The "awww look" really irritates I agree, up there with that though has to be the dreaded "going forward" used by business types and politicians. It's a meaningless piece if jargonistic slang that hints at either laziness and/or stupidity. If I hear it I tend to think that the person saying it is unintelligent. To be fair, know wot I mean init?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
anyone who starts a sentence with "For me....," as is the current vogue, is a total and utter empty headed parrot.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
anyone who starts a sentence with "For me....," as is the current vogue, is a total and utter empty headed parrot.

Or if you go to the Formula 1 school for speaking they seem to get taught to fit in as many "For sure"s as they can during an interview.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Or if you go to the Formula 1 school for speaking they seem to get taught to fit in as many "For sure"s as they can during an interview.

i think saying this nonsense on tv is forgiveable. its not natural and people are not at ease. its when total dildos say it in real life it annoys me. for me for me oh f*** off you total cnt.

i hate it when people you like say it. it feels like when penelope wilton gets zombified in shaun of the dead, its quite upsetting and you feel you have lost them even though they are still there. i have seen people write it on internet posts as well, which is just deranged.

people who say yay. now that is another story altogether.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
'Ah, look' is a general aussie thing isn't it? All my aussie mates say it to a lesser or greater extent.

Has anyone noticed that Ashley Barnes can't help saying 'yeah, no' in nearly every sentence when he's being interviewed?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Ashley Barnes is a master of "Yes, no, obviously" at the beginning of every sentence.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
To be fair, to be honest, in all fairness, yeah-no-yeah..., ya'know, ya'know i mean..., I GENUINELY think...

all things we start our sentances with.

Apart from a couple of my friends, they seem to think i said "i GENERALLY" think rather than genuine. Really f***ing gets to me that.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
'It's my own personal opinion....' or a variation thereupon - f*** off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here