Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Palace tosser Freedman

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
There is no place for intelligent reasoned debate when it comes to irrational hatred.

Kindly move on - there's nothing for you in this thread.

:bowdown: :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have zero expectation of anything tomorrow - particularly that we are NOT racing certainties to hand out a smart beating.

I'm more in the slightly deranged Keagan style "I would love it, just love it..." mindset, where there's a risk that the men in white coats will come and take me away.
It's a bit early to be on the cider isn't it? :drink::drink:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They do have a festival in Spain where they throw tonnes of tomatoes at each other. I've got some over ripe beauties in the greenhouse

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Why does he look so ill all the time with his pale face and greasy hair? He looks a bit like Loki out of the avengers but with a Chavy hair cut.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loaning us Andrews, assumably thinking he was shit, has backfired nicely though. Real shame he can't play tomorrow and show Bolton fans what they are missing and what a dork Freedman was for letting us have him for the season. I'd like to have seen Andrews score the winner and get Dougie the sack.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm sure he's a lovely person ang great with his cats etc, etc....But I also have a completely irrational dislike for the man. First I think he thinks he qualifies as a manager because he's Scottish, I actually don't have a second reason other than a general dislike because he looks like a school boy who gives of the vibe of having a really fit girl friend and don't you just know it, smug git.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Can't abide the bloke. The fact that his hair always looks a week overdue for a wash, doesn't help either.

Haha!!! This with bells on!!!
I get inexplicably annoyed whenever I see him in interview, & he blatantly has skipped on his daily cleanliness duties. Just makes him look slimey.
have a wash Dougie.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Think (hope) you are deliberately being a tad provocative here Bozza. Freedman was extremely magnanimous after the 1-1 last season. He'd spent the whole game getting the sort of grief that you appear to be advocating we dish out again, and yet in his post match interviews he said that he'd never seen a Brighton side play that sort of quality football before and acknowledged how fortunate Bolton were to come away with the point. Take away the Palace link and he was one of the more measured away managers at the Amex last season. As for celebrating that last gasp equaliser - his team had been pounded for 95 minutes yet they pulled the rabbit from the hat - I think he was entitled.

Spot on, well said - yes he is ex-palace but I find it very difficult to dislike him given he seems to be one of the good guys in football in any interviews I see

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Spot on, well said - yes he is ex-palace but I find it very difficult to dislike him given he seems to be one of the good guys in football in any interviews I see

Balanced views are neither helpful nor productive in moving this thread forward.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Can't we get the seagulls trained to sh*t on him if they score another late equaliser?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was a Palace legend and he ****ed them over....what's not to like about the guy?
2001, Stockport away.

BLATANT handball by Hopkin before Freedman scored to keep Palace up. The greasy haired cheating twunt.

[yt]LXocmIHoVXM[/yt]

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I quite like Freedman personally. He was actually quite gracious after the draw against us acknowledging that we were the best team they had played and that Bolton were very lucky. He also seemed to enjoy the rivalry with us at Palace unlike Holloway who questioned the whole thing. Obviously I hope we win comfortably tomorrow but it would be harsh if he got the sack. He turned them around last year and should be given more of a chance I think.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Loaning us Andrews, assumably thinking he was shit, has backfired nicely though. Real shame he can't play tomorrow and show Bolton fans what they are missing and what a dork Freedman was for letting us have him for the season. I'd like to have seen Andrews score the winner and get Dougie the sack.

Bolton have no money to spend, so are having to use a one-out, one-in method of team rebuilding. Effectively, we had a choice of either Andrews or Jay Spearing......Andrews is 33 (Spearing 24 ), reputedly on top wages, unpopular (unfairly IMO )with a lot of fans, & injured for a lot of his time with us.

I'd wait till the end of the season to see if Dougie got it right, but on the players' ages alone, it's almost certainly the right decision for us long term.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He was a Palace legend and he ****ed them over....what's not to like about the guy?

Am I bovvered? Just remembering Withdean November 20th 2005 in front of the cameras...aah. Whatever Dougie has done since then (and I personally think it's a real burden managing a club after you have been a legend on the pitch - maybe Brian Horton might comment on that) he will be a hero for me. As if scoring in the last minutes at Stockport in May 2001 to keep us up wasn't enough. And getting a draw at Sheffield W 3 years ago on the last day too..

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bolton have no money to spend, so are having to use a one-out, one-in method of team rebuilding. Effectively, we had a choice of either Andrews or Jay Spearing......Andrews is 33 (Spearing 24 ), reputedly on top wages, unpopular (unfairly IMO )with a lot of fans, & injured for a lot of his time with us.

I'd wait till the end of the season to see if Dougie got it right, but on the players' ages alone, it's almost certainly the right decision for us long term.

Fair play he also looks like Samwise gamgee

jay-spearing-frodo-baggins.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here