Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I would get Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce in as interim manager until the end of the season and then recruit a manager in the summer who has some passion and isn't going to coach into the players anti-shooting.

Ok, that proves it you really are a first class :fishing: or first class :tosser:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would get Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce in as interim manager until the end of the season and then recruit a manager in the summer who has some passion and isn't going to coach into the players anti-shooting.
Jesus, so glad you are not our chairman.

:)

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't agree. Funny how we only see these posts after a loss.

What's limiting us is the quality of players we can attract and afford which is a problem every team bar a handful has. I'd argue that Potter has got more out of the players than many coaches would be able to get. They're playing very good football and creating lots of chances. It's not in GP's control when a player misses an absolute sitter.

I agree but it is in his control who he selects, how they play and what changes to make in a game.

Taking our "main striker" on the night off and playing a false 9 with an additional midfielder was a strange decision.
As was swapping two more midfielders and leaving the U23s top scorer freezing on the bench when we were supposed to be chasing the game!

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I agree but it is in his control who he selects, how they play and what changes to make in a game.

Taking our "main striker" on the night off and playing a false 9 with an additional midfielder was a strange decision.
As was swapping two more midfielders and leaving the U23s top scorer freezing on the bench when we were supposed to be chasing the game!

But if we'd scored it would have been forgotten about wouldn't it. The same things have happened in games where we did score. I've seen tweets, NSC posts etc berating him for odd decisions then we go and score and it's all forgotten about. If Mwepu had put away that absolute sitter for example...

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We could easily have lost that game by three or four so I’m certainly not as comfortable with the back line as you appear to be?

Thought Burn was particularly bad today too though I’m usually a fan.

Bluntly, the whole team was poor today and could barely string together more than two passes. Maybe not surprising given the loss of so many of our best players but I find the whole direction this season pretty worrying.

We’ve been very lucky in several games this season and I feel we’re playing worse than last year and not creating as many chances.

Not a Potter out man, but I really feel that the current squad needs significant strengthening if we are to avoid the annual relegation fight, even this season.

Given our dreadful form through most of 2020, I wonder how patient the fans would have been if they’d been there in person!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I share your concern about the general slide down the table, I was talking about the game last night. I see you acknowledge the depletion of the team, and were not surprised at the result. Why the doom and gloom then?

You can't lose 4 first team regulars, including three who play alongside each other and not notice.

Maybe Saiss wouldn't have got the shot away, if Dunk (or Webster or Duffy) had been there to block?
Maybe Neves wouldn't have even attempted the pass, as Saiss would probably have had one of them up his backside?
Maybe Maupay would have scored from the tap in that Mwepu missed?

Wolves are hard to get behind and break down. Man City needed a dubious penalty to beat them 1-0.

In the circumstances, a 1-0 defeat is a fair outcome.

Fans are entitled to show their patience or impatience. If they decide to watch it on TV, that is their choice, and it doesn't invalidate their opinion.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Potter is only doing what he can with a limited squad of players. We are just about at our 'ceiling' of what we can get from this current squad, and I refuse to believe anybody else out there could do much better with what he has at his disposal.

After a promising first few games the results have broadly balanced themselves out since and in each of the last 4 seasons we have won 9 matches (effectively 1 per month) and we are very much on a par with this having won 4 in the four months so far. One thing we have proven in four and half seasons is that we ARE remarkably consistent.

15th,17th,15th and 16th - no more than 3 places between any of our finishes in the Prem. The reality is that is STILL where we are. We are still good enough to stay up IMO, although the football is rarely exciting, and in all likelihood we will finish somewhere between 15th and 17th again this season.

I refuse to believe Potter or anyone can get much more from the group of players we have (otherwise we would see incremental improvements each season). Unless vast sums are spent on attacking options (and even then that is no guarantee of success), we are what we are, and sadly that is a bottom 6 or 7 club. We all want to see us climb the table but sadly a bottom third finish is about 'where we are' as a club. And I can accept that.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

I think your supporting the wrong club mate

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One thing I would like to see the manager work on is moving the ball more quickly from back to front. We are so painfully slow in our build up play the opposition can easily get 10 men behind the ball which is madness as we do not have the quality to break that down.

We need players to carry the ball and drive into spaces more to pull opposition players out of position. It is just too easy to play against us all you need to do is sit behind the ball and we have no answer.

Brentford are very strong and organised defensively so expecting more of the same Boxing Day

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But if we'd scored it would have been forgotten about wouldn't it. The same things have happened in games where we did score. I've seen tweets, NSC posts etc berating him for odd decisions then we go and score and it's all forgotten about. If Mwepu had put away that absolute sitter for example...
And we might score all these sitters if we stop pissing about wasting money on gash players like Mwepu who would struggle in a championship side. March Championship at best that free kick at the end was league one so maybe championship is being kind. Connolly Sunday league awful, the club should refund a tenner to fans every time he plays.

Arsenal basically gave us £50m to buy a striker unfortunately we wasted it on half a dozen players we will probably never see or want to see.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
And we might score all these sitters if we stop pissing about wasting money on gash players like Mwepu who would struggle in a championship side. March Championship at best that free kick at the end was league one so maybe championship is being kind. Connolly Sunday league awful, the club should refund a tenner to fans every time he plays.

Arsenal basically gave us £50m to buy a striker unfortunately we wasted it on half a dozen players we will probably never see or want to see.

:laugh:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have not read all the threads but no way should Potter leave. However can understand some discontent. Forgetting results last season we dominated so many teams and whilst frustrating it was very entertaining and everyone could say unlucky not to pick up more points With £40m ish spent on 2 new players all expecting an improvement. Absolute opposite this season and without luck we would be near bottom. Not only are we no longer dominating teams we are no longer creating so many chances. Results were not great but remember playing Palace,Utd and many others off the park.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Brentford are very strong and organised defensively so expecting more of the same Boxing Day

Please Jebus NO.....

Although i share your fear, I can see the natives getting very restless if we do lose, i myself might start to squirm in my seat, tut, shake my head, swear, but what i won't do is booo or call for Potters head.

I will be looking at the directors box, with puppy dog eyes, please uncle tony, all i want for christmas is a bloody striker, ready to rock and roll.....

Please...

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I’d give my right arm to see counter attacking football, pace galore, robbing possession obsessed teams.

Poyet, Garcia and Potter have given me my fill of the passing game, CB’s seeing the ball on repeat.

Purely for a change, I’d love us to be that annoying team mugging others.

Bring back Mike Bailey

I remember us winning at Spurs and scoring with our only attack of the game

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I am not potter out but fans do have the right to question his decisions after that performance. This time 2 years ago I really questioned him as a manager, thankfully he turned it around and I believed we had got ourselves a manager who would take us to the next level. We beat Brentford in the last minute, we’re a little lucky against Burnley. Without those wins we would be relegation fodder. At what point do the fans have a right to question potter. To me it looks like overplaying, we are slow and laborious in the build up, often allow the opposition time to regain their shape. Lamptey and cucurella overcoached, not playing their natural game? I really do think that he had the ability to take us forward, but there also appears to be an arrogant belief in hhis football philosophy that has not allowed us to win a game since September.

Report grade C must do better.

agree with this.

The thing thats changed alot this season is the football has been pretty drab. Not exciting like the media still push.

Was ok when was drab and getting results but drab and not winning then the pressure will build and rightly so.

Still in for me - just , but at same point as a year ago when questions raised. He needs to turn this round or the out shouts will build momentum

He also needs backing in January

RonGiffo7

Jul 26, 2021
Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

You are not going to find a better coach than GP.

If you can't understand why he is so well respected then maybe you need to pick up a coaching handbook.

Sick of fans muck spreading out of ignorance on what the correct process is. Why would you not want a manager well respected by top coaches?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Even though 1 minute later we had a tap in to equalise.

I’m now in disbelief at the chances we miss. Forget tactics, these chances would be being missed whether we hoofed it, countered, sat deep, whatever you like. We are missing presentable chances that we have to score.

Exactly. Because they knew that we wouldn't score even from a chance that would be unmissable for any other team.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You’re only a good coach for as long as you’re a good coach. That time has passed for our Graham. Pack your bags.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The football played against Watford and Arsenal was a joy to watch. Events surrounding Bissouma are not GP’s fault and the loss of his effectiveness seems to be a major factor in curent events. Well, that and Mwepu’s inability to identify the location of the opposition goal and the loss of our entire defence. I think people should be giving GP a bit more slack.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think we'll keep him for the rest of the season and then move him on in the summer, unless an offer for him comes in before then. He's had his time, but this should have been a season to show some real progression but that hasn't happened. He's had the time, the resources and the squad but after taking advantage of the easy start to the season we had, we've now gone 11 games without a win which is poor even for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here