Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I would get Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce in as interim manager until the end of the season and then recruit a manager in the summer who has some passion and isn't going to coach into the players anti-shooting.

How to shoot down your own argument down in 5 words, I’m going to go and change my underwear as I’ve p**sed myself with laughter. Any other former Palace managers we could pick up 😂😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And we might score all these sitters if we stop pissing about wasting money on gash players like Mwepu who would struggle in a championship side. March Championship at best that free kick at the end was league one so maybe championship is being kind. Connolly Sunday league awful, the club should refund a tenner to fans every time he plays.

Arsenal basically gave us £50m to buy a striker unfortunately we wasted it on half a dozen players we will probably never see or want to see.

Pah! Apart from the ludicrous miss (and the other miss), Mweapon had a very good game yesterday. I don't recall we bought him to be a centre forward.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Surprising, interesting.

Bloody hell, 90’s a big basis for the stat.

just means you weed out all the temporary/caretaker managers that come and go - plus you'd think that after being in place for 2 seasons or more you should have most things how you want them to be, so I think its a reasonable basis tbh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How to shoot down your own argument down in 5 words, I’m going to go and change my underwear as I’ve p**sed myself with laughter. Any other former Palace managers we could pick up ����

Steve Bruce is available ???

Edit: although that's mainly for panto.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I still haven’t managed to work out whether you are actually serious with this bollocks or not. I can’t work out which situation would be sadder, someone who genuinely STILL can’t understand what the Albion are trying to do after all this time, or someone who has spent this long peddling the same joke on an internet message board. Both beggar belief really.

I would get Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce in as interim manager until the end of the season and then recruit a manager in the summer who has some passion and isn't going to coach into the players anti-shooting.

And there is the answer, there is absolutely no way in hell you can think that, you've shown your cards.

Do you actually still sit back and laugh and get your dopamine hit from a load of strangers reacting to your long standing 'joke' on an internet messageboard? What a sad little man you must be.

His 23% win ratio is the lowest of any manager in Premier League history that have managed over 90 games.

That is an interesting stat. How many managers that have managed over 90 games are managing clubs below us in the table?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
All the usual suspects calling for Potter out I see. If you want something to moan about go and watch the cricket.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He’s a good manager doing the job with one hand tied behind his back. Welbeck (injuries), Maupay and Connolly isn’t the most fearsome strike force. The whole club needs a lift, it feels so flat. Perhaps a good performance from one of the U23s deputising for injuries/Covid or a new signing might get us going. As the run without a win lengthens it just sucks all the enthusiasm from everyone.

Bad times

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His 23% win ratio is the lowest of any manager in Premier League history that have managed over 90 games.

But still our greatest ever manager....

What is his loss % over 90 games for completeness?

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

I'm not for changing the manager as who else realistically could be available and would do much better than GP? Granted a long slide into the bottom 3 by the end of Janauary may see a change but I just can't see anyone better who could change this squads fortunes. Maybe we have just hit our ceiling and GP can't get more out of our current squad as they are no better than they are currently showing?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
From doing a bit of research this morning I think the longest run of games a team has been on without winning and stayed up is 13 (although the evidence isn't that easy to find so that might not be accurate, it's definitely lower than 15)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
He’s a good manager doing the job with one hand tied behind his back. Welbeck (injuries), Maupay and Connolly isn’t the most fearsome strike force. The whole club needs a lift, it feels so flat. Perhaps a good performance from one of the U23s deputising for injuries/Covid or a new signing might get us going. As the run without a win lengthens it just sucks all the enthusiasm from everyone.

Bad times

Our strike force is probably one of the worse in this league. Stock that up with a midfield who can't or will not shoot (apart from Trossard) then you have trouble. We have relied on our defence to save us from relegation every season in the Prem - and its worked but when injures and suspensions come calling we are in trouble.

I do think Potter carries some of the blame for our inability to score goals , presumably he will be heavily involved in decisions to try and get loan players in and letting youngsters have a try in the first team. Last night was a prime example of giving one of our Under 23's a go from the start - but he didn't.

Bad times indeed.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Potter out. Time to splash the cash on a guaranteed 20-goals-a-season manager.

I don't believe the Albion need to splash the cash. Get a manager who doesn't play pretty ball and finds ways to score when some opportunity happens. This current team always wants to make pretty plays. They waste so much time controlling the ball but never pushing the ball forward. You have to push hard forward not keeping possession but never scoring when it counts.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

Surely your a Palace fan in disguise? Ridiculous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here