Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That Crystal Palace banner

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Our Newcastle game is obviously live, I would love to see a banner or some flags.

Oh & well done Palace.
This. I'll be disappointed if we don't have a banner - the NSK should sort one out.

"Pride" theme/references seems a decent option.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It has become apparent that the banner displayed at Selhurst has proved divisive and sparked a wider debate about motives, meanings and measures, which is proving to be both a distraction and counter-productive. Therefore, for the forthcoming visit of Newcastle United I propose we exercise our right to protest - but do so in a slightly more nuanced way.

It's time to reclaim the agenda and accordingly, the placards are progressing nicely:

View attachment 141567

I'm with you brother.

19C30AFC-7763-499F-8BE8-EF903EA801D8.jpeg

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Where were Palace when this happened:

The Abu Dhabi led takeover of Manchester City has rightly received condemnation and anger.

In the Championship! It's not unreasonable for them to have more of a say on the takeover of a club in the same league as them at the time the takeover happens.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Yes - joined NSC Aug 2020, but been an Albion fan all my life.

I was unaware of NSK, (and I worked in IT as well).

Some things I know about, some things I don't. I only recently discovered that our local news program was called South East Today, and not South Today.

Hey, I'm 62. How does this internet thing work anyway?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Yes - joined NSC Aug 2020, but been an Albion fan all my life.

I was unaware of NSK, (and I worked in IT as well).

Some things I know about, some things I don't. I only recently discovered that our local news program was called South East Today, and not South Today.

Hey, I'm 62. How does this internet thing work anyway?

I guess you have to be ITK to know about NSK :lolol: grab a pin while there.

The internet works on TCP/IP, I can go deeper if you wish?

Happy to have you, I'm a troll and a JCL from the early 90s

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the Championship! It's not unreasonable for them to have more of a say on the takeover of a club in the same league as them at the time the takeover happens.

They had a say in the Newcastle take-over in as much as the body that represents them, and in which they have membership, approved the take over. Other than that they have no say. It's none of their business. It is the exact opposite of the super league situation.

The more I have thought about it today, the idea of supporters of a club that approved the ownership of another club protesting about the ownership of another club, the more absurd all this protesting seems.

Unless it is a ploy to unsettle the Newcastle players, which is fine, because everyone apart from br'er geordie, wants them relegated.

This ain't Fans United because the Geordie fans are not the organizers of the protests. They evidently oppose the protests :shrug: So in whose interests are the protests? Relegation rivals. It isn't a Crusade, it is industrial sabotage (and I approve of that). NSC seems to be going round in circles today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sensible. Good from the English police.

Over here its a damn struggle with pyros and flags... the police frequently reducing stand capacity because of the fans unwillingness to be all cozy about it. Was a manifestation this weekend: "Our vision vs Police vision".

22duqi9fmev71.png

Think its obvious people should be allowed to express pretty much whatever they want through flags and banners etc. Would have been dirty if they made a thing out of the CP fans banner.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If someone who wants the Saudis out of football (and indeed the UK) is prepared to accept that part of the Palace Ultra's objective is to unsettle a relegation rival (not all of the objective, but some of it) then we can all say we are all on the same page.

:lolol:

But surely the Saudis can say "oh dear, they don't want us, lets walk away" and do so. No wait, maybe they can just get on the 'phone to Mike Ashley and ask that all those contracts and transactions be reversed. Yeah, no problem.

The horse has bolted and fukked right off. Someone would have to buy the Saudis out to get them out. Piece of piss. Pointless getting pissy-knickered after the event.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I guess you have to be ITK to know about NSK :lolol: grab a pin while there.

The internet works on TCP/IP, I can go deeper if you wish?

Happy to have you, I'm a troll and a JCL from the early 90s

Thanks Randy. I'll give NSK a whirl. There's some interesting stuff on there.

I think I'll just accept the internet for what it is - some things are best left alone.

In five years time, I'd like to be a curmudgeonly old git and full-time troll on here. It seems a worthwhile pastime.
At the moment, I'm just practising trolling the Palace fans on Have Your Say comments on the BBC. It's going quite well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My reading of the banner (and the accompanying statement) is that it's primarily aimed at the Premier League. I'm sure those Palace fans would love to get rid of the Saudis (and their money, more to the point), but the problem here is that the EPL has sanctioned the takeover. In this respect, the Palace fans are saying precisely the same as 18 of the other 19 clubs in the EPL. It is highly, highly unlikely that the Saudis will take any notice of a few banners, but the Premier League MAY change its Owners and Directors test to prevent this sort of thing happening again.....and possibly also ensure that the ability of NUFC to dodge FFP rules in the future is limited.

What's happening now is not so different to the European Super League*....competition gets massively distorted by huge amounts of wealth in the hands of a small number of clubs.

*PS: I'm not ignoring the fact that the Saudis have different questions to answer - but the result is similar, as far as football is concerned.

Just in time to block Tony's sale of the Albion to a carefully selected mega rich but secretive new owner (like a turbo version of, er, Tony Bloom). :facepalm:

As I have said repeatedly the minute the majority of Newcastle fans come on board then it's game on and the Saudis are finished. After a fair amount of work and time. Hopefully less time than it took them to Get Ashley Out. Till then this just looks to the outside world like capons pressuring turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol:

But surely the Saudis can say "oh dear, they don't want us, lets walk away" and do so. No wait, maybe they can just get on the 'phone to Mike Ashley and ask that all those contracts and transactions be reversed. Yeah, no problem.

The horse has bolted and fukked right off. Someone would have to buy the Saudis out to get them out. Piece of piss. Pointless getting pissy-knickered after the event.

Why oh why do I keep voting in favour of global capital every general election and then getting all over-tired when global capital does something that I don't like such as, er, allowing another football club to gain a massive financial advantage over my club? Football should be restructured along communist lines, with each according to their needs, and oh yes, a player draft and, to remove the enormous pressure of relegation (which is not fair) an end to relegation.

Why oh why indeed :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Chap back left, wearing glasses: "Pssst! Amanda... Any chance they haven't noticed it?"

121198936_gettyimages-1348241919.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here