Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks so much Bruno...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ha. Was going to bounce this thread myself, but thanks for saving me the effort. Just to recap for all those that can only deal in binaries, before this post, I've made two comments on this thread which include the following points:
-- Bruno is one of my favourite players
-- I've started other threads in the past indicating as much
-- Bruno is my PotS so far, although Kayal and Stockdale are extremely close
-- I only advocated the possibility of dropping Bruno, once Bong is fit (and he's more likely to be 'match-fit' after last night's outing)
-- I was advocating dropping Bruno for Rosenior (whose name I now know how to spell -- hopefully -- courtesy of this thread :thumbsup:) only in certain games

That said, he was in his delicious pomp last night, so much that I withdraw my suggestion certainly for the MK Dons and Burnley games. I still think that it might be worth doing it for certain other fixtures, but would be delighted and probably not surprised if in the meantime Bruno demonstrates that I AM PROFOUNDLY WRONG with this suggestion.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha. Was going to bounce this thread myself, but thanks for saving me the effort. Just to recap for all those that can only deal in binaries, before this post, I've made two comments on this thread which include the following points:
-- I only advocated the possibility of dropping Bruno, once Bong is fit (and he's more likely to be 'match-fit' after last night's outing)
-- I was advocating dropping Bruno for Rosenior (whose name I now know how to spell -- hopefully -- courtesy of this thread :thumbsup:) only in certain games

That said, he was in his delicious pomp last night, so much that I withdraw my suggestion certainly for the MK Dons and Burnley games. I still think that it might be worth doing it for certain other fixtures, but would be delighted and probably not surprised if in the meantime Bruno demonstrates that I AM PROFOUNDLY WRONG with this suggestion.

Well done for putting your hand up sir and accepting you may have called it wrong.

Bruno was worth the admission price on his own last night. Even when he slipped over, he appeared to be able to manage a Cruyff turn on his way down, and flick a decent pass while lying on his side. He defined FLAIR last night. Superb.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's right drop LR who is at the top of his game :moo:

Spot on. But the problem is that three don't go into two,* which was why I started this thread. We're now in the position where we've got three fantastic full-backs (not to mention our strength in depth in central defence and goalkeepers), and that means that CH is going to have to leave one out -- which one, is the question. Of all descriptions, CH seems to be closer to a pragmatist, and this means that he'll use a variety of criteria to make his decisions.

* The three could start, but not at full-back. I think we'll see this for certain games (Burnley and Boro, maybe Derby, even B'ham), probably with Rosenior playing right midfield/wing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ha. Was going to bounce this thread myself
Yeah right, you probably sent a PM to Bozza asking him to delete it :D

Just to recap for all those that can only deal in binaries, before this post, I've made two comments on this thread which include the following points:
No need to recap, I read your OP and I'm aware you said you like Bruno.

And that's still madness! Bruno's been with us for 4 years now, and despite his age he's actually improved, he's not as prone to giving away a penalty or being left behind.

Rosenior has been absolutely fantastic for us, no doubt. He's not a 'jack of all trades, master of none', he's a master of all trades. That doesn't mean I think he should have to sit on the bench as a utility player, he'll get plenty of game time. But it's working with Bruno, so as someone said above, if it's ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd only consider resting Bruno if he's knackered, otherwise his position is safe.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah right, you probably sent a PM to Bozza asking him to delete it :D

No need to recap, I read your OP and I'm aware you said you like Bruno.

And that's still madness! Bruno's been with us for 4 years now, and despite his age he's actually improved, he's not as prone to giving away a penalty or being left behind.

Rosenior has been absolutely fantastic for us, no doubt. He's not a 'jack of all trades, master of none', he's a master of all trades. That doesn't mean I think he should have to sit on the bench as a utility player, he'll get plenty of game time. But it's working with Bruno, so as someone said above, if it's ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd only consider resting Bruno if he's knackered, otherwise his position is safe.

There's so much I agree with in this post that I'll override your accusation of madness :) ...

... on which, about that bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here