Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Test Series- England in India- January & February 2024

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Got 'im!!! The youngsters combine again...

Srikar Bharat c Shoaib Bashir b Rehan Ahmed 17

330-6.... looks like a pretty good day for England's young bowlers on a decent first day batting track.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone salivating about how it's a batter's wicket - I'm not saying it isn't, but one slight note of caution is that only one batsman has actually achieved a score of any note.

Without him that's an absolutely dreadful effort - just a word not to get too excited before we bat, is all...

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I've been watching since 6am and this is one of the best days bowling I've seen from England on a slow lifeless track. Really patient and accurate all day.
Oh so that’s why you haven’t sent me that report I specifically asked for by 10 this morning?!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everyone salivating about how it's a batter's wicket - I'm not saying it isn't, but one slight note of caution is that only one batsman has actually achieved a score of any note.

Without him that's an absolutely dreadful effort - just a word not to get too excited before we bat, is all...
It is a batter's wicket though. England have just bowled very very well and haven't really allowed the batsmen to score.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Plenty of Indian batters have got through the tricky early stages of an innings, only to give their wicket away cheaply.

Looks every bit a decent batting track (which doesn't mean England can't/won't give their wickets away too, but it's unlikely to be the pitch)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play, Day One

India 336-6 (93 overs)

Jaiswal 179 (257 balls, 17 fours and 5 sixes)

2 wickets each for young spinners Shoaib Bashir and Rehan Ahmed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England should definitely ask to bat on the same wicket Jaiswal is batting on and not the one everyone else has been

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Honours even I think. Excellent days cricket and I think both sides will be happy with how they are set.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is a batter's wicket though. England have just bowled very very well and haven't really allowed the batsmen to score.
Here's hoping. I just feel like I've been here before. (Sorry, cynical).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All the experts seem to be sawing that England have shaded the day. That’s good.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
When deciding who has had the better day I think about if the roles were reverse what would I think.

I would be thinking. Everyone got in but only one person made the most of it. Some really bad dismissals in there so I would be thinking “they are going to get 600 here and we will be under pressure if we don’t get 500 batting first”.

So on balance I think it is England’s day. However, we will probably be batting last so I suspect we need to get ahead of the game first innings.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
DSC07832.JPG

DSC07462.JPG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
1500rs ? Looks like that's about £14. Not cheap for those parts. No wonder they are risking their bumholes.
Yes, I hadn't spotted that, it is quite a bit.
In Hyderabad they let in a lot of schoolchildren and students in free. I think in Visakhapatnam that there was a local rumour that they would be doing the same, and when the authorities didn't allow it a few of them decided they would still watch the game.

Interestingly, the fake shirts being sold outside the ground were being sold for 200 rupees (£1.87). So, my 5 & 2 yr old grandkids will be running around in Rohit and Virat shirts when I get back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here