Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Test Series- England in India- January & February 2024

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anderson in for Wood, Bashir in for Leach.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anderson
Bashir
Ahmed
Hartley

Good, solid attack with an average of 46 test caps across each of the four bowlers

Also worth noting, Anderson is test cap #613 and Bashir is test cap #713

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anderson
Bashir
Ahmed
Hartley

Good, solid attack with an average of 46 test caps across each of the four bowlers

:ROFLMAO:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anderson
Bashir
Ahmed
Hartley

Plus Root, obviously, who is very much a front line bowler in the context of a series in India.

Root brings the average test caps amongst them to 64...

Incidentally, what a terrible enduring shame, that Stokes can't bowl :down:
Just imagine how much deeper the bowling options would look, and how better balanced the side would be, if he could be relied on to fire down a few partnership-breaking spells.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Anderson
Bashir
Ahmed
Hartley

Good test would be to try to name the 100 England Test Caps in the last 20 years and 8 months. Low points for the recent big names and high points for the ones time forgot. Need to work something out around the players from 2000 to 2006; points deducted if capped before May 2003 and high points if just after Jimmy's Cap perhaps.

Would have been a perfect game in the past with your mates at a Test.
Now Google stops that and luckily Bazball doesn't give you the time to play.😆 😆

Murphy springs to mind for me and Australia. I'll Google after posting.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Plus Root, obviously, who is very much a front line bowler in the context of a series in India.

Root brings the average test caps amongst them to 64...

Incidentally, what a terrible enduring shame, that Stokes can't bowl :down:
Just imagine how much deeper the bowling options would look, and how better balanced the side would be, if he could be relied on to fire down a few partnership-breaking spells.
I’m at least pleased to have that in common with England’s captain, as I can’t bowl either!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m at least pleased to have that in common with England’s captain, as I can’t bowl either!
I too have much in common. I used to be a decent bowler but can't manage it now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Seem a few balls. This looks a huge toss on a flat deck! Much better idea for India to go for a flat deck and back then better bowlers rather than level it out.

Come on England.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Bashir has Rohit ct Pope at leg slip. Not a bad first scalp in test match cricket.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Lovely bit of bowling from Anderson to have Gill ct Foakes just before lunch

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A breakthrough... a top-spinner from 19yo Rehan Ahmed, Rajat Patidar prods forward and it spins viciously back onto the wicket

249-4

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and finally... another one... Patel cuts 20yo Shoaib Bashir straight to Rehan Ahmed at backward point

301-5

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
and finally... another one... Patel cuts 20yo Shoaib Bashir straight to Rehan Ahmed at backward point

301-5
I've only seen a few Bashir reels on YouTube, but there is a lot of potential there. Reminds me a lot of Phil Edmonds.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
c Ahmed b Bashir must be one of the youngest combined test wickets in English history, if not all history?

Combined it's nearly two years younger than Anderson

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
c Ahmed b Bashir must be one of the youngest combined test wickets in English history, if not all history?

Combined it's nearly two years younger than Anderson
There's probably been wickets taken by Pakistan teams where the supposed combined age has been about 36.

Whether you actually believe the 6'5" 90mph fast bowler with massive beard and no birth certificate is really 16 years old is obviously another matter. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here