[Cricket] Test Series- England in India- January & February 2024

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not losing by an innings feels like a win! Annoying that West Indies have fallen apart but that felt kind of inevitable.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Not losing by an innings feels like a win! Annoying that West Indies have fallen apart but that felt kind of inevitable.
As I recall, during the first ashes match of 2019, one of the Australian bowlers clipped the stumps without dislodging the bails and Geoff Lemon wrote a whole article in the Guardian claiming that the definition of "bowled" needed to be altered because this was so obviously UNFAIR.
I wonder if he's written a similar article anywhere after Australia benefited from that yesterday?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
pope GIF

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Making a game of it - need that lead over 200 really but big ask…

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pity.... that was a great partnership... 85 lead with 4 wickets in hand... 140-150 would be at least 'interesting'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pope has been sweeping and reverse sweeping well….looking forward to John Norman (I find him a tad irritating) on TS eating a bit of humble pie who was quite adamant this week that it’s a shot we shouldn’t play

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I've not seen much of it (caught about an hour before I left to catch the train earlier), but given the deficit and the quality of India's attack, Pope's innings must be up there with some of the greats.
Of course, when the tail gets blown away and India chase their target down in about 15 overs to win by 8 wickets it'll be completely forgotten about. :lolol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This pope knock is up there with that ridiculous KP innings in Mumbai in 12/13. Arguably this is better because he has got about half the runs whereas cook also got a ton in that innings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports