Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Tesco cut Clubcard Rewards AGAIN!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still a better scheme thab ASDA's, which specifically excludes less well-off people who don't own a smart phone.
You choose not to have a smartphone and therefore don’t get stuff that comes with a smartphone.

I choose not to have a pedal bike, though I could easily afford one, and therefore don’t get discounts on spare bike parts or lycra.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The clubcard points never got me shopping there just convienience. Prefer M and S any day. The clubcard deal stuff is all quite naff anyway. Green shield stamps anyone?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whether it’s worth 10x or 1x it’s still a “freebie”……though I’d prefer a cut in prices and no points at all
It's not a 'freebie' it's paid for by all the Tesco customers. Like you I prefer cheaper prices ..... so I shop at Aldi.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They need to be doing better TBH, should be beating #TeamsLikeNectar

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So you're not one of the thousands excluded from the scheme then - good for you!
Don't fret about it. I joined the Asda scheme several months ago and despite occasional shops there, absolutely nothing has gone in my cash pot. It Asda be worthless.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dear God - here comes another one to sneer at people who don't own a smart phone.
If you find them scary or something fine but don’t lie to yourself and other people by claiming they are expensive.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The shareholders have to be kept happy, this is just yet another step to increase profits by shaving off a bit more from the punters. Expect the move to more Self Service Checkouts to continue too for the same reason..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The shareholders have to be kept happy, this is just yet another step to increase profits by shaving off a bit more from the punters. Expect the move to more Self Service Checkouts to continue too for the same reason..
Self service is brilliant ! You never got out a supermarket that quick 20 years ago

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
it's been a great innovation, made smaller shops practical to use.
Not when you buy alcohol and someone has to verify your age or a barcode is not printed correctly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I disagree since it has started i had a free £80 shop in November and next Friday i have a free £90 shop.
Hi. If you have £90 worth of rewards don't just spend them in store, use them for something else. Your £90 is worth (at the moment) £270 of vouchers to spend elsewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What thousands assuming that is under 10 out of 60 million plus is a good ratio for Asda.
Under ten people without smart phones? What sort of idiotic fantasy world are you living in? There are thousands of peole without smart phones. All excluded by ASDA from their scheme.
:facepalm:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Under ten people without smart phones? What sort of idiotic fantasy world are you living in? There are thousands of peole without smart phones. All excluded by ASDA from their scheme.
:facepalm:
Erm 10000 thousand. Smart phones are cheap now that can support the app.

Makes me wonder on the food bank i walk past every morning on my way to work to see most of the queue on their smartphone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here