Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Wogan

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh, I must have been wrong or an urban myth!

Does that state they spent £3million on salaries? Seems bizarre if the salary bands are then as they state below

I am very dim at reading these sort of documents though so apologise if I look daft
TNH - I have no idea either! My guess is it lists the salaries of full time staff,salaries over a certain amount or salaries of directors by range. The rest are likely part time or lower paid. A charity the size of CiN will obviously take some full time organising so there will be costs and I suppose if the one person on more than £100k brings in more than they earn extra due to their skills then it is worth it. But people on large salaries from charities doesn't sit right with me. I would sign up for a lot more of the £2 a month charities if they didn't spend it on staff and ending me pens asking for more money. I now have a main charity I support and a couple I will give to if I see in the street - all for personal reasons. But I can't knock a charity that seems to generate net £39m+ a year. And Wogan's fee was paid by the BBC - not the charity.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He got £9,065 for doing the 2005 show (so just over £1,500 an hour). Not bad at all.

In fairness that is fck all. He could get £ 100k in that time doing private events

SAC

May 21, 2014
If a footballer visits a children's ward at a hospital and spends an hour there, should be be expected to donate the money he earned in that hour to that charity?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wogan is a cvnt. A hypocritical cvnt.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wogan was quietly paid in the region of £300'000 for hosting Children In Need between 1980 and 2011 before he was outed. This was while he was earning an additional £800'000 from his standard BBC contract.

The best donation Children In Need could receive would be if Wogan gave them the £300k. After all, if he felt there was nothing wrong in receiving the money, why did payments suddenly stop when it all came to light in 2011? Makes a mockery of the thousands of people who fund raise in their own time, take unpaid leave from their jobs to get involved and the kids who give everything they have in their piggy banks, even if it just a handful of silver.

Don't see why he is still so revered on Children In Need when he has made them all look like mugs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If a footballer visits a children's ward at a hospital and spends an hour there, should be be expected to donate the money he earned in that hour to that charity?

Of course not. An nobody is suggesting Wogan should have forgone 6 hours of his salary, pro-rated. But he was paid a fee above and beyond his £800'000 salary. Do you think footballers should receive a fee on top of their normal wages for visiting children in hospital? If you think 'yes' then Wogan has done nothing wrong. If you think 'no' then he should write a cheque to Children In Need for £300'000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here