Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Wogan

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It was romoured he made millions from it allegedly.It put me off giving. Good old Terry ,such a nice bloke. He got caught and denied he knew nothing about it allegedly.

It is a little disapppointing isn't it? I read somewhere that they also have something like 10-15 full time staff just on CiN who are on £100,000+ it does just take away from it a lot as you feel what is the point?

I know is is the same with all charities and that they all need to be run by someone competent. Maybe it is just my 21st century being angry/cautious/distrusting of absolutely everything!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
It is a little disapppointing isn't it? I read somewhere that they also have something like 10-15 full time staff just on CiN who are on £100,000+ it does just take away from it a lot as you feel what is the point?

I know is is the same with all charities and that they all need to be run by someone competent. Maybe it is just my 21st century being angry/cautious/distrusting of absolutely everything!

So you can donate a fiver or whatever but they have to donate there whole salary. Sounds fair to me.!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
If they are on 100k then I guess they are a bit higher than a temp at yellow pages. This whole thing is based on something you "read somewhere"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rightly or wrongly, the Kids Company fiasco has made me deeply suspicious of these huge charitable organisations, where multi-multi millions of pounds are swashing about. The people involved at the top often seem to be boarding highly lucrative gravy trains.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Rightly or wrongly, the Kids Company fiasco has made me deeply suspicious of these huge charitable organisations, where multi-multi millions of pounds are swashing about. The people involved at the top often seem to be boarding highly lucrative gravy trains.

Then I hope you will be voting to leave the EU n the referendum.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If they are on 100k then I guess they are a bit higher than a temp at yellow pages. This whole thing is based on something you "read somewhere"

I know of one manager at the Royal British Legion who is being paid £2,000 a week (plus expenses). Not even a Director - a manager.

I find that depressing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then I hope you will be voting to leave the EU n the referendum.

Not sure I follow. How would us being out of the EU have prevented the industrial-scale snout-in-the-trough theft of public funds at Kids Company from happening then ?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I know of one manager at the Royal British Legion who is being paid £2,000 a week (plus expenses). Not even a Director - a manager.

I find that depressing.

I know a Dutch winger probably on 5 times that and he is not even a manager.!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I find that depressing.

Indeed. I found out that The Salvation Army spends 74% of its charitable income on administration etc, and they are only marginally the worst case.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I knew a fund raiser at the private hospital in Midhurst who lived in France and worked a lived at the hospital Mon to Thursday lunch and was on a fantastic wage selling fundraising tickets.then went back to France Thursday lunch time. Her husband took orders for duty frees tobacco and drinks and brought them over on Monday with them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Brilliant, isn't it? Up until he got outed by a Freedom of Information request by the press Wogan spent 30 years happily trousering £1500 / hour for hosting Children in Need and getting slowly pissed on a Friday night. Meanwhile, little Johnny and Jessica's up and down the country are sellotaping their 50p pocket money to postcards and sending them into the BBC, whilst genial Tel rocks up and down on his toes, and gently urges us all to donate whatever we can.

What a cock.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Not quite. From their latest accounts.

cin.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For 16 years I was treasurer of a charity. Ran it with a rod of iron. Committee expenses only. Second class. No hospitality dinners. The buggers hated me for it, but they were all to lazy to stand for election to replace me. Before you know it the volunteers are up before a disciplinary panel for risking a lawsuit for constructive dismissal for having the temerity for criticise an employee. Meanwhile the children remain in need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here