Certainly had a full life.

Great footballer/manager
Cowriter of Hazell TV series
Had a few records singing Brat Pack stuff
In business, liked a bung or two.
V sad news,never realized his link to Hazel a program I really enjoyed

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Terrific manager and proper man of football.

Got England playing higher than anyone else, sir alf aside

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A manager who had the talent of being able to get his players playing for him in a system that worked and best suited them.

The Euro 96 England 4 Holland 1 game remains one of the greatest ever victories by the national team.

To read the comments of 2 of England's best ever strikers and the respect in which they held him is telling:

Lineker:

"Devastated to hear that Terry Venables has died. The best, most innovative coach that I had the privilege and pleasure of playing for."
"He was much more, though, than just a great manager. He was vibrant, he was charming, he was witty, he was a friend. He'll be hugely missed."

Shearer:

"Extremely sad news. The great Terry Venables has passed away. RIP Boss. I owe you so much. You were amazing."

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Personally speaking I liked what he brought to the table in the late 70s.. RlP a great manager

IMG_2850.jpeg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mullers' old nemesis. How we hated him back in the day, but admired him as England manager. One of the great football personalities. Sad news.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Alzheimer's apparently.

Complete bastard of a condition as it effectively destroys you slowly from the inside while you are still alive. :down:

It does irritate me though when people are described as having suffered an unspecified "long illness". It's as if the family are ashamed of having a relative with dementia, when there shouldn't be a stigma attached to having it - the person suffering can't help it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here