Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry to return for England?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Wasn't Cahill then not dropped himself, hence why he was trying to leave Chelsea?
I think he's a tosser, but he can still defend imo. Also worth remembering that Hodgson generally discards form when selecting his squad, hence he's desperate to take Wilshire and Rooney.

Rooney has scored 7 goals in his last 9 games and was in very good form before his injury, which he will shortly be returning from.

17 in 36 this season for club and country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Recalling a racist? Shall we bring back the peado as well?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
20/1 to go. Shouldn't go on form but if he did I'm pretty sure John Stones would come back a better player. Martinez let's his players do pretty much what they want - someone getting him defending better is exactly what he needs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Terry coming back for the Euro's is the equivalent of a player turning up at a medal ceremony,for a match they hadn't played in, wearing the team strip...............

I'm not sure there's much equivalent in there at all, you just felt like bringing it up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
"Hodgson has met the former England captain – “I had a long chat with John the other day,” he said. “He’s a lovely fella” "

April Fools??

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
as an aside I've never been wholly convinced by the 'we need experience' argument which seems to carry huge weight and is used carte blanche. There are different types of experience and not all of it good.

For example, does a captain with a wealth of experience kick a player right under the nose of the ref and get sent off in a Champions League semi final? That sort of experience?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Remind us of the European football giants who he scored his England goals against in that time?

Three goals he's scored for England this season - two against France/Switzerland - roughly the level of opponent we can expect at the Euros - and one against San Marino. Your comment is fair to the one he scored against San Marino.

If you want to take his England goals out, it's 14 in 32 for United this season.

You inferred he hasn't been in form this season. That's simply not true. He hasn't been to the level of Vardy or Kane, but he clearly deserves a place in the squad at least on form. Indeed I would have him starting because of his experience and composure, which the young England team currently does not have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here