Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Phelan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What would you use as the past tense of buy, then? :shrug:

Ha ha. No excuse there - I've not even had a drink yet. I meant bought as the past tense of bring. They even do it on the radio. Anyway, hard to be angry now my pomposity has been pricked :lolol::thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha ha. No excuse there - I've not even had a drink yet. I meant bought as the past tense of bring. They even do it on the radio. Anyway, hard to be angry now my pomposity has been pricked :lolol::thumbsup:

Or brought as the past tense of buy?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or brought as the past tense of buy?

Exactly. Does my head in. Right, time to nip off to watch the scousers kick lumps out of each other. Tara.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If Terry Phelan says that- it must be true ! Footballing legend ! Where's he been the last 15 years ?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would like to feel that (if) we do gain promotion that our style and type of play is better suited to playing a level higher rather than actually getting out of this division,that said do we really have that edge and experience, hardness about us to be required to beat teams next season and to come back from setbacks that we will inevitably face...

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I love Talksport and have a white van to prove it :moo:

You really should post more :moo:

No really you should :moo:

28 posts a year on average ffsake :moo:

How do you rate the footie :moo:

Probably not.
When you say what you think, people can be a bit precious.
And while I take no pleasure from upsetting people, I find even less from putting them down.

But what do I know, you knock yourself out.

Feeling humble in the presence of a keyboard grandmaster.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Probably not.
When you say what you think, people can be a bit precious.
And while I take no pleasure from upsetting people, I find even less from putting them down.

But what do I know, you knock yourself out.

Feeling humble in the presence of a keyboard grandmaster.

Thank you for that - never forget its just banter mate :wink:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
On the radio this morning warning Brighton that they will struggle if they get promoted. He said the two class acts were Burnley and Middlesborough but that we were the in form side and he wouldn't want to predict who got promoted but we would probably struggle more than the other two on getting promoted and warned Brighton fans of this.

Great footballer, crap pundit.

If have only just noticed this thread & judging by the amount of replies I'm guessing we don't agree.As I can't be arsed the troll through all of this this is what I think.

If we get promoted this season the law of averages says we will struggle next season.Personally I don't really care the money we will receive from being in the premier league next season will give us the platform to making this club self suffient as well as repaying some of the generosity that our chairman has given us over the last 6 years.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
On the radio this morning warning Brighton that they will struggle if they get promoted. He said the two class acts were Burnley and Middlesborough but that we were the in form side and he wouldn't want to predict who got promoted but we would probably struggle more than the other two on getting promoted and warned Brighton fans of this.

Great footballer, crap pundit.

I hadn't realised that the Premier League rules had changed and that promoted clubs can't improve their squads after promotion !! Clearly a few of our current squad would struggle - and it's not that enlightening that promoted clubs often find it tough against the giants of the Sky Premier League and their ridiculous wages which make them unerringly brilliant footballers.

Pretty sure the Albion fans will be ready for a rocky ride in the top division if it happens, and not expecting another season with only 5 defeats - I'll repeat only 5 defeats in 43 matches so far - how amazing has this season been. That's a class act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here