Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The OP is clearly trolling. Wembley isn't great for all sorts of reasons and the tense match didn't help. If we'd gone 1-0 up at any point then it would have transformed the atmosphere and all the getting back transport queues puts the Amex whinging into some sort of context and is part of a long list of Wembley woes ( £3 for a cup of tea ! £7 for a beer !! and so on) . But to suggest it was a "terrible day"
Come off it.
It's not trolling at all. Believe me, we assess a lot of trolling. The OP isn't that.

It's a post written straight after the end of a game where we never scored and got dumped out on penalties which for many makes it a terrible day, at least in the heat of the moment. The facilities and stewarding at Wembley are awful considering it's the national stadium. No urinals in the men's loos making for huge queues, concessions arranged so that you have stuff no one wants (nachos? GIN?) next to concessions selling things everyone wants (beer, pie, other food, water). The fan zone is overpriced but that's ok because wait till you get in the stadium ("Camden Pale sir, that'll be £7.10 pint, would you like to see our mortgage adviser?"). And then you have to wait 90 mins just to get on a tube that stops everywhere before hitting actual London. Facilities? Terrible. And as many have commented the atmosphere in and around safe standing, which should have been the best, was probably the worst. Terrible atmosphere.

The OP seems to have forgotten what an FA Cup Semi is all about, just maybe because he is a bit of a JCL. My childhood years were at the Goldstone 4th Division football, My sons from League 1, My grandsons from the Championship. Now we’re in the Premier League top half, FA Cup Semi and it’s sad that we have a self important safe stander spouting “Terrible support, terrible facilities and terrible day” Maybe I’m being unfair, but what the f**k is he on about? Came to this game with my sons and grandsons and we loved it, apart from the result. It’s a sad thing that a thread like this will remain on this board to be found when future fans are searching for comments on such a memorable day.
I've been watching us since 1980. I've seen two blocks of top flight interspersed with everything from Division 1 playoffs to the grizzly years of the late 90s. I'm genuinely not sure what there is to love about watching us not score and lose whilst stuck between some flag waving tourist and someone vomiting. I'll be happy if I never see Wembley again, but, of course, these players don't deserve that, so, despite everything I've written, we need a good cup run again next season so they can try and go one better.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Support was alright. We do seem to have a high percentage of dead heads intent on not singing though. Look around the Amex . That said it was still good enough to not be classed as "shit". First attack there was a voice behind " SIT DOWN " , Didn't acknowledge it but did behave the same as at Amex in that stand when moments on the pitch warrant it. Nothing escalated . Looking about it was a bobble hats day out but that could be down to middle class sussex.

Getting away after was slow but It actually moved a hell of a lot quicker than I expected given the numbers on Wembley way. If had won then wouldn't of even remembered it.

IMO the only reason it's even mentioned is it was the perfect storm ..... sun 4:30 K.O + Extra time / pens / Raining / we lost harshly / Train eng works

I'd do it all again but if the next time we get there it's engineering works / Sunday then I'll come up with a better plan

The day overall was alright , pubs before good , plenty of booze.

7/10 result aside

Don't think result will be truly out the system until we next get 3 points. The sooner the better !!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Imagine the whining on here if it was held in the Millennium Stadium ( as per the play off final)
Mind you the pubs in Cardiff were excellent.
Don't get it? The Millennium Stadium is far superior to Wembley as a football ground. Steep sides so you're close to the pitch, even right at the top and much more closed in to contain the atmosphere. Anyone with half a brain would have built Wembley simply as a bigger version with a few upgrades. Instead, they insisted on maintaining the 'character' of the old place even though it wasn't much cop for watching football. So we've still got the shallow rake and everybody miles from the action with a low angle TV gantry now that gives a crap view, all at an exorbitant cost which means every big game has to be played there, no matter how illogical the circumstances.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Wind yer neck in. You know nothing about the OP or his Albion history. Thanks for your history lesson tho :moo:
I’ve no interest in the OP, but from his post I imagine he sees himself as someone like this :ROFLMAO:

IMG_7128.png

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's not trolling at all. Believe me, we assess a lot of trolling. The OP isn't that.

It's a post written straight after the end of a game where we never scored and got dumped out on penalties which for many makes it a terrible day, at least in the heat of the moment. The facilities and stewarding at Wembley are awful considering it's the national stadium. No urinals in the men's loos making for huge queues, concessions arranged so that you have stuff no one wants (nachos? GIN?) next to concessions selling things everyone wants (beer, pie, other food, water). The fan zone is overpriced but that's ok because wait till you get in the stadium ("Camden Pale sir, that'll be £7.10 pint, would you like to see our mortgage adviser?"). And then you have to wait 90 mins just to get on a tube that stops everywhere before hitting actual London. Facilities? Terrible. And as many have commented the atmosphere in and around safe standing, which should have been the best, was probably the worst. Terrible atmosphere.

I've been watching us since 1980. I've seen two blocks of top flight interspersed with everything from Division 1 playoffs to the grizzly years of the late 90s. I'm genuinely not sure what there is to love about watching us not score and lose whilst stuck between some flag waving tourist and someone vomiting. I'll be happy if I never see Wembley again, but, of course, these players don't deserve that, so, despite everything I've written, we need a good cup run again next season so they can try and go one better.
Wembley has always been a rip off. I remember feeling mugged when I bought a burger at the Notts County game as the differential with ‘normal’ prices was so big,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s @sheebo in the WSU :moo:
Love it…

Can’t be arsed to read this thread or dwell on Sunday but had a great day despite the disappointment of drawing 😜

To be toe to toe with Man U at Wembley was awesome. Atmosphere was electric in terms of being there - ok in terms of noise but standard Wembley / big stadium with it difficult to get everyone singing the same thing.

Man Utd fans celebrating beating us on pens like they did was quite amusing - I did point that out to a few. 2 were from Reading and giving it all the songs 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh I paid £22 or something for 2 burgers and one chips outside - that was a piss take! Especially as nothing was for me 🤦🏻‍♂️

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Love it…

Can’t be arsed to read this thread or dwell on Sunday but had a great day despite the disappointment of drawing 😜

To be toe to toe with Man U at Wembley was awesome. Atmosphere was electric in terms of being there - ok in terms of noise but standard Wembley / big stadium with it difficult to get everyone singing the same thing.

Man Utd fans celebrating beating us on pens like they did was quite amusing - I did point that out to a few. 2 were from Reading and giving it all the songs 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh I paid £22 or something for 2 burgers and one chips outside - that was a piss take! Especially as nothing was for me 🤦🏻‍♂️
Glad you had a good day, apart from the result it was a pretty good day, see you on Saturday :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh dear, really? No offence was intended, but there you go.

I'm sure it wasn't, but in my experience you couldn't have been more wrong. Anyways, onward and upwards as we both know there's more important things to focus on (where we probably agree on much more than we disagree on), like Wednesday night, Saturday afternoon and this f***ing atrocious Government :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Thought the noise was pretty good where I was, though I'd definitely avoid an aisle seat if we go again, people up and down all game blocking the view.

The club have just emailed a Wembley experience survey btw.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m not sure how people think 80,000 people can easily get away from a stadium. Wembley is better than a lot - try going to Munich, took us nearly 2 hours to get on a train after the game
They should have written exit times on the tickets as well and enforced it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here