Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I videoed that as well. I'm not posting it here as it's made me realise that I can manage to be out of tune when 37,999 other fans can manage to be in tune. It was brilliant though (not my singing). :)
Ronald - pleased to hear that he also loses the note on the 'Al' of the Albion when he's getting hoarse!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The OP seems to have forgotten what an FA Cup Semi is all about, just maybe because he is a bit of a JCL. My childhood years were at the Goldstone 4th Division football, My sons from League 1, My grandsons from the Championship. Now we’re in the Premier League top half, FA Cup Semi and it’s sad that we have a self important safe stander spouting “Terrible support, terrible facilities and terrible day” Maybe I’m being unfair, but what the f**k is he on about? Came to this game with my sons and grandsons and we loved it, apart from the result. It’s a sad thing that a thread like this will remain on this board to be found when future fans are searching for comments on such a memorable day.
Wind yer neck in. You know nothing about the OP or his Albion history. Thanks for your history lesson tho :moo:

Reactions: cjd

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Try reading all of the opening post again, he isn’t trolling.
Points about safe standing are especially valid.
I’ve already posted this on a previous post, it’s a good thread with plenty of replies.

Try reading the post rather than the thread title
I read the post. He started a thread describing everything about yesterday as terrible. That’s pretty provocative even for NSC. Hence 16 pages of replies.

As it happens I agree with a lot of it. But I don’t know the fella and calling it trolling is perhaps a bit much so Apols.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I was also in a little 'square' with Gin, Craft beer, Real Ale and various food stands watching the Newcastle/Spurs match and enjoyed good beer at what I thought was a reasonable price. It was also surprisingly unpacked, particularly when compared to trying to walk back along the packed concourse around huge queues at the shit beer stands to get to our block/seats. Really strange and without doubt, the best part of the Wembley 'experience'.

And for the first time ever, getting a coach. I've now reached the age, where after a few beers and 120 minutes of tension, a nice kip in a comfy seat on the way home is worth paying for :wink:

You were telling us about your experience of Wembley and I simply enquired as to when you were talking about. No worries :thumbsup:
my enduring memories of Wembley are going up on the coach, mid week for internationals in the 70's and 80's and spending hours getting in and out , from memory the atmosphere was nothing to write home about , i obviously haven't been for years but the recent reviews i have read are "mixed" to say the least , England seems to do some things well and some things with institutionalised indifference , catering for large crowds at sports and music events seems to fall into the later category which is surprising considering the breathtaking logistics that went into H.M's send off and the spectacular results of that planning , it clearly can be done but certain entities just can't be arsed.

i realise hordes of inebriated football fans are probably worthy of the scorn they attract...shame about the result obviously , the boys did us proud ......manure now on my :dislike: list , particularly Bruno and Antony , pair of ball bags they are....hope you have some throughly rousing moments between now and the end of the season..UTA :albion:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I read the post. He started a thread describing everything about yesterday as terrible. That’s pretty provocative even for NSC. Hence 16 pages of replies.

As it happens I agree with a lot of it. But I don’t know the fella and calling it trolling is perhaps a bit much so Apols.
The opening post doesn’t actually describe everything about Sunday as terrible, I would say the thread title probably reads as that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not sure how people think 80,000 people can easily get away from a stadium. Wembley is better than a lot - try going to Munich, took us nearly 2 hours to get on a train after the game

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
There is a time when you should give up going to football and take up embroidery, personally I'm into crochet work ....very stimulating

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The opening post doesn’t actually describe everything about Sunday as terrible, I would say the thread title probably reads as that.
if you come on here and start a thread describing Sunday as a “terrible day” - instead of something more reflecting valid gripes about safe standing and singing then you’re going to mislead. But it’s fine. I didn’t have a terrible day. It wasn’t great either !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
if you come on here and start a thread describing Sunday as a “terrible day” - instead of something more reflecting valid gripes about safe standing and singing then you’re going to mislead. But it’s fine. I didn’t have a terrible day. It wasn’t great either !
Can we just agree the thread TITLE is misleading? :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
a lot of european terraces have drums
Yeah I mentioned them in a subsequent post.

I enjoy watching videos of those terraces because they're fantastic. The noise and the pyros and the sight of seeing thousands of people moving around like they're an ocean. But it seems to me like the football is secondary to that display, they're not really there for the game. They're there for the sing-along. Which is fine, more power to them.

I'm just a fan of organic football noise that isn't orchestrated by a guy who can barely keep time on a drum or those poxy clackers that Leicester seem to love or, heaven forbid, a bunch of spotty kids doing a terrible cosplay of European Ultras a la Palace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Grimsbyisation of this game is quite sad.

It's an FA Cup semi final, not our final.
Our final would have been the final.

Just because it's rarified air, for most of us, doesn't mean we hark back to the 'good old days' when we were shite.

All this 'great day out, ra Ra ra' - bollox.
'oh I was watching in div 4' - bollox.
'thrilled to be watching us at Wembley' - bollox

We have Top 6 owner, CEO, manager, team, squad and some div 4 fans.

Shite stadium.
Shite location.

The final would have been excellent.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
my enduring memories of Wembley are going up on the coach, mid week for internationals in the 70's and 80's and spending hours getting in and out , from memory the atmosphere was nothing to write home about , i obviously haven't been for years but the recent reviews i have read are "mixed" to say the least , England seems to do some things well and some things with institutionalised indifference , catering for large crowds at sports and music events seems to fall into the later category which is surprising considering the breathtaking logistics that went into H.M's send off and the spectacular results of that planning , it clearly can be done but certain entities just can't be arsed.

i realise hordes of inebriated football fans are probably worthy of the scorn they attract...shame about the result obviously , the boys did us proud ......manure now on my :dislike: list , particularly Bruno and Antony , pair of ball bags they are....hope you have some throughly rousing moments between now and the end of the season..UTA :albion:

Having been to both over a lot of years, I actually think the new Wembley is better getting in and out, bogs, catering etc, although we are now in the 21st century.

But atmosphere has always been fairly crap at both old and new. Given the number of people who will only be there occasionally, the spreading around of 'singers' and trying to get any chant with more than three words going around half a stadium. Add in the fact that it was a tense game, and those sort of games normally struggle with atmosphere, even at the at the Amex. Thinking about it, maybe the old Wembley was better for atmosphere, but so were most things when we were 40 years younger :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The most enjoyable part was on the train back when a 50 year old bloke in stone Island phoned his mum to pick him up from Lewes Station
I think you'll find that was pretty pink fairy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here