[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The OP is clearly trolling. Wembley isn't great for all sorts of reasons and the tense match didn't help. If we'd gone 1-0 up at any point then it would have transformed the atmosphere and all the getting back transport queues puts the Amex whinging into some sort of context and is part of a long list of Wembley woes ( £3 for a cup of tea ! £7 for a beer !! and so on) . But to suggest it was a "terrible day"
Come off it.
The OP is not trolling. He is describing what happened to him on the day. Whereabouts were you standing/sitting?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny to see the few people without flags in middle tier doing The Amex lobotomised seals clap along which so ruins the singing of SBTS... would like to see a video from the flag bearing sections - must be the best ever rendition.
The clapping adds to it IMO….. 😃
Yours
Lobotomised seal

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I've just rewatched the first half on iPlayer and I could hear "Everywhere we go" and "Solly, Solly March" as well as "Albion". Not as clearly or as often as I remember them being sung yesterday but that may just be that thing where the producers mix up the generic crowd noise so that the words can't be easily made out, in case we start on one of the football chants with questionable lyrics.

Also I still fancy us to win this. We're some way off our best but we're settling into the game and showing a bit more composure. They've had a couple of half-chances on the break but if they manage to nick a goal in the second half it will be criminal.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The OP seems to have forgotten what an FA Cup Semi is all about, just maybe because he is a bit of a JCL. My childhood years were at the Goldstone 4th Division football, My sons from League 1, My grandsons from the Championship. Now we’re in the Premier League top half, FA Cup Semi and it’s sad that we have a self important safe stander spouting “Terrible support, terrible facilities and terrible day” Maybe I’m being unfair, but what the f**k is he on about? Came to this game with my sons and grandsons and we loved it, apart from the result. It’s a sad thing that a thread like this will remain on this board to be found when future fans are searching for comments on such a memorable day.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes - I was in 531. All seated, but plenty of getting up on our feet at crucial moments. And everyone stood for the penalties - so standing all game would be safe enough.
It's a good job we don't get to Wembley.
Just imagine what critiques we'd be ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The OP is clearly trolling. Wembley isn't great for all sorts of reasons and the tense match didn't help. If we'd gone 1-0 up at any point then it would have transformed the atmosphere and all the getting back transport queues puts the Amex whinging into some sort of context and is part of a long list of Wembley woes ( £3 for a cup of tea ! £7 for a beer !! and so on) . But to suggest it was a "terrible day"
Come off it.
Try reading all of the opening post again, he isn’t trolling.
Points about safe standing are especially valid.
I’ve already posted this on a previous post, it’s a good thread with plenty of replies.

Try reading the post rather than the thread title

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fully get your point here. Fortunate to have followed teams home/away in Italy, Netherlands and Spain. Never once have I thought "the Amex crowd beats this" (aside form the ferral mayhem of Sheff Weds play-off game at home years ago).
European teams have collectives that organise everything from tifos to orchestrating chants at the cost of the key conductors not seeing a bit of the game.
Cheaper tickets, safe standing, organisation... Drum.

Talking about Italy :facepalm:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There aren't many 90000 seater stadiums in the world where with a split of two sets of fans plus neutrals that creates a passionate atmosphere.
Usually the bigger the stadium, the more neutrals that attend. Wembley isn't any worse than other huge stadiums.

I agree with the point that the Emirates Stadium or Etihad Stadium would be better suited for the occasion, but we wouldn't get 36000 tickets.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Yeah I'd take drums over that for sure.

Personally I like football noise to be organic. I'm always impressed by the orchestrated lunacy you see on the European terraces but it feels like for them the football is secondary to the experience. Which is odd to me.
a lot of european terraces have drums

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I've just watched the clip of Sussex by the Sea pre match on Ronald's youtube Vlog and I've decided this thread is bollocks
I videoed that as well. I'm not posting it here as it's made me realise that I can manage to be out of tune when 37,999 other fans can manage to be in tune. It was brilliant though (not my singing). :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Great day out with my mates, always exciting to have your team play at Wembley.
Dead disappointed with the result obviously.
The modern Wembley rarely produces an outstanding atmosphere, the old one even struggled a bit sometimes.
Bugger me though the public transport infrastructure is getting worse, its seriously not fit for purpose.
Shambolic organisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports