[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This problem was created when football stadiums went ‘all seater.’ In the old days people paid to stand or sit and others respected those choices. A dedicated seating section should be offered if there is a dedicated standing section.
Agree with this. If you're short or have difficulty being on your feet for long spells then away games are not much fun.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I recall exactly the same sort of comments after the semi final in 2019. At home matches the standers are largely to be found in the NS -fair enough -but on occasions such as this, they are inevitably spread around, and then drink comes into the equation.
It wasn't just drink, the one with the bladder problem was the gobby one. The one who apologised didn't seem to need the toilet but struggled to speak as he was really pissed, but friendly pissed without the 'braveness' of the gobshite with a urine infection sitting in my seat. In 2019 they would've probably been 16 & Brighton wasn't a fashionable team to follow then. Gobshite helped a woman up the steps as she had difficulty walking & used a stick, I was praying for her that it wouldn't go really wrong! One minute giving gob to me and others around, next minute helping people, then back to giving gob to other people 10 minutes after. I went in 2019 but it all felt so much friendlier. 🤷‍♀️

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Like someone has mentioned, I prefer organic, original chants. All that shite, generic, 'dance' music blasted out yesterday was counter productive. Utter shit.

I've only been to four away games this season but I didn't think it was that bad in 136.

My dad was watching on TV and he said we sounded really loud.

So much moaning and whining on this thread. I'd waited 40 years to put one over those ****s at Wembley and was so so gutted after Solly's miss.
At one point the music seemed to be Metalheadz era, industrial Drum and Bass at about 8 trillion decibels.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
They do that sort of thing (Veltman likes a bit of it too) at most games to be fair. Its not normally a reflection on the crowd . Just part of their game - normally when they've won a corner or a big tackle that leads to a throw etc.
Yep. And numerous united players were doing it too. Its just a 'thing' now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
An unexpected highlight on the train home from Victoria (8:30 ish) was the sound of a middle aged woman in the next carriage yelling over and over “That’s completely unacceptable behaviour, now apologise”.

Everyone halted what they were doing to listen in.
Aww come on…..what was the unacceptable behaviour ..asking for myself

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
An unexpected highlight on the train home from Victoria (8:30 ish) was the sound of a middle aged woman in the next carriage yelling over and over “That’s completely unacceptable behaviour, now apologise”.

You can’t leave it there, what was the behaviour

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The OP is clearly trolling. Wembley isn't great for all sorts of reasons and the tense match didn't help. If we'd gone 1-0 up at any point then it would have transformed the atmosphere and all the getting back transport queues puts the Amex whinging into some sort of context and is part of a long list of Wembley woes ( £3 for a cup of tea ! £7 for a beer !! and so on) . But to suggest it was a "terrible day"
Come off it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Watching De Gea scuff the penalty spot on BBC iPlayer?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Aaaaaaaaaand?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The OP is clearly trolling. Wembley isn't great for all sorts of reasons and the tense match didn't help. If we'd gone 1-0 up at any point then it would have transformed the atmosphere and all the getting back transport queues puts the Amex whinging into some sort of context and is part of a long list of Wembley woes ( £3 for a cup of tea ! £7 for a beer !! and so on) . But to suggest it was a "terrible day"
Come off it.

I think just glass half empty.

A gallon full of the depressant alcohol, followed by us getting knocked out, isn’t a pretty combination.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don’t feel as gutted for missing out now after reading this thread !😂😂😂

Back to standardised moaning for the Wolves game please

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don’t feel as gutted for missing out now after reading this thread !😂😂😂

Back to standardised moaning for the Wolves game please
Hang on a cotton picking minute, some of us have got a game on Wednesday to moan about.

124 tickets available for any glory seekers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports