Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought having seats in safe standing would mean being surrounded by singers, far from it, constantly trying to get songs going surrounded by blokes with their arms crossed. I know these games get all the weirdos out the woodwork but f*** me. Also shutting all the bars so no one can hang around after as the queues die down, who's idea was that? Currently surrounded by "manc" twats heading south. f*** off
I'm pissed off as well as you, losing to those Northern gimps.
If you sat where we were, up in the guest gods, you'd have heard the whole ensemble of 'Albion' booming around the stadia.
For me that was brilliant hearing that, bringing goose bumps to the back of my neck 😁

Last edited:

WestYorkshireSeagull

Dec 28, 2021
Tell you what as fans we are not cut out for Europe yet
Fully get your point here. Fortunate to have followed teams home/away in Italy, Netherlands and Spain. Never once have I thought "the Amex crowd beats this" (aside form the ferral mayhem of Sheff Weds play-off game at home years ago).
European teams have collectives that organise everything from tifos to orchestrating chants at the cost of the key conductors not seeing a bit of the game.
Cheaper tickets, safe standing, organisation... Drum.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
What a lot of moaning Minnies. Was in the gods in 546 and whilst there could have been more singing, it was great at times - especially gosbts before kick off. When you consider those fekkers are at Wembley every 3 months, we did a fine job. Gutted as I am, still got a lot of games of phenomenal footie to go. Also thought Utd were dull, their game plan seemed to be man to man high blocking and focused on stopping us play. Then lump it long.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
If you thought that atmosphere was flat you should try watching England there!

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
That ground is rank for atmosphere full stop. Utd were awful today and we werent much better. Same story 2019. And England games even worse to the point I will ever go to one again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was willing to stay and clap but then immediately after the final penalty the tannoy started blaring out Glory glory fecking United so I, and lots around us, thought f*** that and headed straight out
I actually think that’s terribly disrespectful to be honest, for a supposedly neutral ground, not forgetting they have won feck all yet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Very even support wise from my view. We absolutely matched united - I don't know what the OP was expecting- mix 36k fans who normally sit in different stands of the Amex together and its obviously not going to be an absolute frenzy everywhere especially at Wembley which is notorious for being shit at generating atmosphere esp what with the ridiculous club wembley tier. Despite all that we made a lot of noise
I'm just pissed off I got on the wrong train to Hastings..

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I actually think that’s terribly disrespectful to be honest, for a supposedly neutral ground, not forgetting they have won feck all yet.
Yep especially considering the circumstances and how gutting it was for us. We were thinking we'd wait to give the lads a deserved clap off the pitch but couldn't stomach listening to that

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yep especially considering the circumstances and how gutting it was for us. We were thinking we'd wait to give the lads a deserved clap off the pitch but couldn't stomach listening to that
What about the guy at Wembley Central over the tannoy "stand back from the platform, UNITED UNITED UNITED" ****

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wembley really is a shit stadium. Only just got on the tube from Wembley Park. Absolute joke.
Wembley Central was the cherry on top of shit soufflé today.

Got to Wembley Central but the “wrong” entrance. Policeman saying nobody can to through because we’re football fans.

“Would you treat any other group of society this way?”

“What do you mean by group?”

“Well if we were people who’d been to the marathon today would you refuse to let us through just because we’d been to the marathon?”

“We’ve been told that there might be fights so you need to go through the other entrance where the police are”

“So we need to go to where the fights might happen in case there’s fights?”

“That’s not what I said.”

Absolute power hungry bellends.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wembley Central was the cherry on top of shit soufflé today.

Got to Wembley Central but the “wrong” entrance. Policeman saying nobody can to through because we’re football fans.

“Would you treat any other group of society this way?”

“What do you mean by group?”

“Well if we were people who’d been to the marathon today would you refuse to let us through just because we’d been to the marathon?”

“We’ve been told that there might be fights so you need to go through the other entrance where the police are”

“So we need to go to where the fights might happen in case there’s fights?”

“That’s not what I said.”

Absolute power hungry bellends.
Saw a bit of scrapping in the road on the way to Wembley Central……..didn’t last long

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I definitely think the most appropriate and constructive thing to do after a narrow FA Cup semi-final elimination is to self-righteously criticise your fellow supporters.

Also, please try to remember that not everyone is capable of standing for 90 minutes at a time. If people in front of them stand, those people - elderly, disabled, or whatever - can't see anything. Your experience is not more important than theirs.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I definitely think the most appropriate and constructive thing to do after a narrow FA Cup semi-final elimination is to self-righteously criticise your fellow supporters.

Also, please try to remember that not everyone is capable of standing for 90 minutes at a time. If people in front of them stand those people - elderly, disabled, or whatever - can't see anything. Your experience is not more important than theirs.
Maybe don't get a ticket in the SAFE STANDING section then, the guy next to me kept sitting down, he was only about 45

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here