Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Atmosphere was diabolical where I was stood in block 132, nothing happening whatsoever. I don’t enjoy watching football in that stadium.
My first time at Wembley (block 133). Looked fantastic when I walked out but frequent splits between sections kill atmosphere imo.

Plus transporting all the Amex West and East fans into Wembley is unlikely to make for chants galore.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thought the atmosphere was pretty good, but having the middle neutral 'Club Wembley' tier splitting the lower and upper tier support is diabolical.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thought the atmosphere was a bit tame, but not sure the exact reason why, don't think just us to blame.
Why can't they shut the stupid tannoy off and let the atmosphere build naturally? In the past, the crowd would get going before the match and you'd also hear away fans. Not these days, the speakers drown everything out with shite music and it kills everything.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Going against the grain here, I thought we were great. Led my middle/lower rows in the lower tier.

MrsW watching on TV, said we much, much louder than Manure.
Very even support wise from my view. We absolutely matched united - I don't know what the OP was expecting- mix 36k fans who normally sit in different stands of the Amex together and its obviously not going to be an absolute frenzy everywhere especially at Wembley which is notorious for being shit at generating atmosphere esp what with the ridiculous club wembley tier. Despite all that we made a lot of noise

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very even support wise from my view. We absolutely matched united - I don't know what the OP was expecting- mix 36k fans who normally sit in different stands of the Amex together and its obviously not going to be an absolute frenzy everywhere especially at Wembley which is notorious for being shit at generating atmosphere esp what with the ridiculous club wembley tier. Despite all that we made a lot of noise
It’s as good as it gets, in a non-proper terraced sanitised environment.

Some NSC’ers hobby is to knock our support, then ironically tell us that the Emirates, Anfield, OT etc are libraries.

Perhaps the good old days will never return, or never existed.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I was watching in a noisy bar and I could only hear the Albion fans
This. I watched BBC1's coverage.

Albion were easily the more vocal of the 2 sets of fans - probably even a 3 chants to 1 ratio.

Make no mistake, 'Albion...Albion...' was ringing out clearly over the airwaves.

Losing on penalties to a distinctly average United side is bad enough without the need for us to beat ourselves up here.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Thought the atmosphere was pretty good, but having the middle neutral 'Club Wembley' tier splitting the lower and upper tier support is diabolical.
Is that a thing? A bunch of us were giving a Utd fan in the middle tier behind the goal a load of grief after the final whistle, thinking he was in the Brighton section.

Oops

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was loud in 139

Aren’t Wembley’s acoustics famously shite?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Don't think it was any different to last time, except for the fact that this time I think we (or at least I) felt like Albion belonged on this stage. We were here to do business, rather than just enjoy the ride and hope for a miracle like last time. Atmosphere was cracking during the pennos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here