Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tenant Dilemna

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Nonsense about being local. Just the tradesmen are important.

We have a house in Derby and have had just 2 tenants in 5 years. No agent apart from initial finding service. Works just fine with a tame plumber and electrician to call on when we need them.

Ok - if that works for you......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've always done it myself and never used agents, but mine are local and I can sort anything out myself. Would let an agent deal with it if it was a distance away.

As a side note , I'm surprised this thread hasn't been hijacked by lefties on here calling you a parasite! :tantrum:

I think one would have to be a fairly extreme leftie to think that.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
As a side note , I'm surprised this thread hasn't been hijacked by lefties on here calling you a parasite! :tantrum:

Property is theft?

As for the OP - why not tell the doctor your dilemma, he might well 'happily' stump up the extra, it's not like they're not extremely well paid...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We have a dilemna and are not sure what to do.
We have a property (up north) in which we have an existing (single man) tenant. Because it is managed by a letting agent we receive a net amount of £580 per month. The tenant is clean and tidy and wishes to stay until August. Depending on his work contract (he's a doctor) he may wish to stay beyond August.

Someone we know has mentioned that they would like to rent it and would pay £700 pm with no letting agent fees involved. They would want to stay a minimum of 18 months, but possibly longer.

I would feel uncomfortable giving the existing tenant 2 months notice and forcing him to leave 3 months earlier than he wishes.
However, we would be £1440 a year better off.

What do you reckon? Stick or twist?

It really all depends on how much of an honourable man you are basically.
Or are you just greedy.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Fair enough - but you can still do buy to let and be a decent landlord.

Exactly, I do it myself and I'm decent and fair, but certain people lump us all in together to political point score.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Can you tell him the rent has to go up £100 or he has to be out in two months. Make it his decision whether to stay or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here