Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teixeira Injury

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is dreadful news. Hopefully we may see him back here in the latter part of next season as part of his rehabilitation process. There's never a good time for a player to break a leg of course, but at least its at the end of the season and he has the summer break to aid the recovery process. This hopefully will mean, baring any complications, missing less of next season, whichever club he may be at.

He should be back far earlier than that. KLL broke his leg with us in mid November and was back playing a couple of games for Newcastle in the PL at the end of the same season.

From a selfish viewpoint, it does increase the potential for us to get him back for another season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He should be back far earlier than that. KLL broke his leg with us in mid November and was back playing a couple of games for Newcastle in the PL at the end of the same season.

From a selfish viewpoint, it does increase the potential for us to get him back for another season.

Hope you are right for Tex's sake.

In terms of getting him back, then God help us for next season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tex was holding his leg just above the back of his right ankle after he was fouled earlier in the game.

The implications was that he could have been playing with an injury. It was hard to envisage that tripping up his opponent could have caused the injury on its own but the previous challenge (one of several) could have done. Inn the same area of the pitch in the first half.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kazenga Lua Lua.

I get about 10 mins in, and I start to count down to the moment he will finally make an appearance.

It has been proven time and time and time and time and time again that he is far, far better from the bench than starting though. He's a one trick pony and teams figure him out after about 30 mins.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It has been proven time and time and time and time and time again that he is far, far better from the bench than starting though. He's a one trick pony and teams figure him out after about 30 mins.

Maybe, maybe not, but my point remains, whereby Teixeira is one of just two players who I've been excited about watching this season, and one of them regularly starts on the flippin' bench. Whether it's right or wrong he does, the fact is, HE DOES. So I've had Teixeira and Lua Lua (20-30 mins a game) to get excited about. That's a pretty bare cupboard by anyones standards.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tex was holding his leg just above the back of his right ankle after he was fouled earlier in the game.

The implications was that he could have been playing with an injury. It was hard to envisage that tripping up his opponent could have caused the injury on its own but the previous challenge (one of several) could have done. Inn the same area of the pitch in the first half.

Perhaps the earlier tackle caused some minor damage that meant the bone broke more easily later, but I doubt there is any way of knowing. Sometimes you do see some very nasty leg breaks as a result of little more than studs getting caught in the turf.

Wasn't there an ex-Liverpool striker who suffered a couple of open leg fractures from little more than dribbling with the ball? French fella, with crazy hairstyles. Name escapes me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe, maybe not, but my point remains, whereby Teixeira is one of just two players who I've been excited about watching this season, and one of them regularly starts on the flippin' bench. Whether it's right or wrong he does, the fact is, HE DOES. So I've had Teixeira and Lua Lua (20-30 mins a game) to get excited about. That's a pretty bare cupboard by anyones standards.

You're telling me you don't go a bit weak at the knees when Gordon Greer makes a massive blunder and then berates anyone vaguely near him?
Or when Gary Gardner sent his 53rd free kick into orbit?
Or when someone passes the ball to CMS and he sprints towards it at 1,000mph, the result being the ball flying off his shin and out for a throw in?

You've lost all sense of romance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perhaps the earlier tackle caused some minor damage that meant the bone broke more easily later, but I doubt there is any way of knowing. Sometimes you do see some very nasty leg breaks as a result of little more than studs getting caught in the turf.

Wasn't there an ex-Liverpool striker who suffered a couple of open leg fractures from little more than dribbling with the ball? French fella, with crazy hairstyles. Name escapes me.

Djibril Cisse - http://www.goal.com/en-sg/slideshow/1891/6/title/top-10-worst-injuries-in-world-football

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wish him well, one of the few high spots of a joy sucking season, from his debut at Birmingham to fading and coming back with a Vicentesque performance against Ipswich and his cameos since, I have enjoyed watching him. I hope he kicks on and if Liverpool are going to release him, sell him or loan him out again I'd like to think he'd come back here. I accept he won't but I'll watch with interest wherever he goes. He just could go all the way over the next few years. A genuine talent and honest player. Good luck Tex :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here