Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teixeira Injury

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
lunged trying to get the ball how i saw it

if there's a spot the ball competition it wouldn't be anywhere near Texiera he was a good two yards if not more away from it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
bad or horrendous?...no sympathy with a player who would appear to be badly injured or some sympathy with someone stretchered off...i've said the way i saw it...

Bad is what I said. I do have a lot of sympathy for Teixeira and I hope he recovers soon.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hope he isn't to badly injured. He has been one of our better players in a shit season and team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise sh1t season. Good luck with your recovery Tex.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Tex got injured in his right ankle when he was fouled earlier in the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reminiscent of Gascoigne on Gary Charles, a totally reckless and pointless challenge, and he's ended up doing himself a serious mischief.
Hope its not as bad as it looks, but he was clearly in absolute agony with it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feel sorry that he was attempting to hurt someone else, that he got hurt himself or that he no longer going to wear the stripes? Sorry but can't feel sorry for someone who came off worse with such a reckless foul. He could have ended that guys career.

Don't deny any of that, he was reckless and it could have easily been red.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
However it happened, if it is his ligaments then that is an horrendous injury for someone starting a career. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he gets to fulfill his dreams of playing for Liverpool.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was a joy to see some of his performances this season. I wish him a speedy recovery and a great career at Liverpool

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He was one of the very few bright spots this season. There have been precious few players I've been at all excited to watch this season, and one of them starts every game on the flippin' bench.

I think some people are going a bit far with how bad the tackle was tbh. Maybe I'm just an old git, but it was a clumsy forwards tackle, not a malicious tackle to me.

Wish him well, and I just hope it isn't as serious as last night looked. It could be MCL, ACL, ankle ligaments, in any combination, which could leave him struggling to play a part for the whole of next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wish him all the best too. He's been a bright spark in a dark place this season.
Only possible silver lining would be if he misses the summer tour and pre-season with Liverpool so doesn't have a chance to impress Rodgers enough to include him in the Liverpool squad, and we get him for another season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There have been precious few players I've been at all excited to watch this season, and one of them starts every game on the flippin' bench.

Who?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
How could anyone not feel sorry for him? FFS what fans we have. Player of the season, frustrated with the shite he has to pass forward to he kicks out to clip the player and breaks his ankle.

Goodbye Tex, it was an absolute joy to watch you in the stripes and get well soon (and feel free to come back on loan to aid your recovery!).

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
BHAFC @OfficialBHAFC

BREAKING: Joao Teixeira has been ruled out for the rest of the season after scans showed he had broken his leg. #BHAFC

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here