Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teenagers Perspective

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Evening all,

As a lot of people my age do not come on here I thought I would share a teenagers thought on the Albion. (sorry if it's shit!)

The football we are playing at the moment is of a different class. I have had a season ticket for I think around seven years and have witnessed the up's and down's. I have also not missed a game home or away this season. The way we have progressed is frightening, we are just a footballing side now. We move the ball around gracefully and confidently.

I don't think I can say I as a fan deserve the football we are playing at the moment and I truly think the people who went through Gillingham are an amazing example of real football support and deserve this fully.

Charlton was fantastic, I think everyone who was there can agree with that but today was on a different scale, we completely bossed the game from first to last minute and I have never said that as an Albion fan.

Most people my age (teenagers) support Manchester United (not 'United' as often cockily referred to by their twats of fans) and the 'top four' and when the Albion have been doing badly in the past just as expected from fickle fans they have taken the piss but I will NEVER change from an Albion fan. Now we are eight points clear, we have the best manager outside the Premiershite with us and a stadium which is beautiful, I can now stick two fingers up at them.

I know it's early day's and supporting the Albion is always a roller coaster but I honestly think we have everything we need now, we are a club with huge potential and I now think we have the resources to reach our potential.

It's hard supporting the Albion at the age I'm at and speaking to some old folks on the train back today they were saying how they had lots of Albion fans at school, I would probably estimate their is around 10-20 Albion fans my age and most don't really support us but I can put all the money I have (about 10p) on the fact that they will ALL be at Falmer supporting the 'seagulls'.

The up's and down's I have experienced will not even compare to Hereford and Gillingham but the small amount of time being a full time Albion supporter makes it worthwhile.

It's not all about the trophies, of course they are nice but I would rather go through the down's to then experience the good because when the good happens, it makes it all the more sweeter and every Albion fan is experiencing that feeling at the moment. Long make it last.

As I said, sorry if shit.

All the best,
FT.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
certainly not shit.
well done for sticking with your local side, rather than join the plastic premiership supporters.
Enjoy the good times!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Just coming into my 20th year of teaching locally and have seen all you talk about take place. Hardly any kids I taught ever supported the Albion apart from a few enlightened souls like yourself. I have seen it begin to change slowly and with success on the pitch, a new stadium and the massive improvement in the school links via Gullys gang and the players finally getting into the schools, the process will only accelerate!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
top post nipper :thumbsup:

i remember getting the piss taken out of me for supporting the albion when i was your age...and i went to school half a mile away from the goldstone!

i am 50 years old now but still remember the pisstaking....although on reflection, it might have been cos i had big ears and nothing to do with supporting brighton.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Me and my two mates who I go with, are the only two at college who support the Albion, always have done. I remember always being the odd one out at training sessions etc when everyone was asked who they supported. Now the mockers are starting to suddenly know a great deal more about the club, and a number are getting season tickets (so they tell me).
I've always been proud to be an Albion fan, but i'm enjoying it more than ever before, and long may it continue.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Me and my two mates who I go with, are the only two at college who support the Albion, always have done. I remember always being the odd one out at training sessions etc when everyone was asked who they supported. Now the mockers are starting to suddenly know a great deal more about the club, and a number are getting season tickets (so they tell me).
I've always been proud to be an Albion fan, but i'm enjoying it more than ever before, and long may it continue.

Massive credit to you and the post starter, always be an albion fan and always be proud to be an albion fan!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do like threads like this from younger fans as I was one of you 25 years ago however I saw us play in the top flight.

The important thing is keep the belief as we will get back to where we have been previously and also take no shit from those Premiershite idiots who live an appalling armchair life.

What you are seeing is the real deal in the flesh - enjoy.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton

Is that season ticket part about me haha, well tbh I know I haven't been a massive Brighton fan as my first brighton game was last season, but considering me and my brother are the only people in my family who like football so that's why i never went as a child and even though I have Newcastle as my Premier League club, I will always love the Albion to do well

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Massive credit to you and the post starter, always be an albion fan and always be proud to be an albion fan!

Cheers, but i enjoy it far more than any premiership football.

I've been to spurs a few times, as my dad grew up supporting them, but its just not the same. In fact, my dad even says that its me that made him support the Albion, I used to force him to take me to the football and he became addicted like me.
I wish i'd seen us at the Goldstone, but unfortunately was just a year or two too young to do so. Its not been easy, one of my first memories of away games was up at Blundell Park, when we had to beat Grimsby and Stoke had to win (that may be a mistake r.e Stoke), and I was interviewed by sky sports with my old man. The trips to the likes of Northampton town on a tuesday night, Shrewsbury to watch some pathetic paint trophy, and Tranmere the week before christmas.
Most of my mates think me and the other 2 I go with are completely mad, but its what I always have and always will love doing. I'm happy for them to stay in bed until gone mid-day, pop into town every week to look in the same shops, and still call me the loser. :thumbsup:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I was the ONLY Brighton fan in my year at school, got the piss taken out of me for "supporting a gay team", "supporting a shit team". When people asked me who I supported I said Brighton, then they reply "No, what Premiership team", but now some of my friends are coming out and saying they might get a season ticket next season, this pisses me off. I've always have been/always will be a proud Brighton fan whether they are good or shit, the same can't be said about a lot of the 'fans' we will get in the next few years.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I was the ONLY Brighton fan in my year at school, got the piss taken out of me for "supporting a gay team", "supporting a shit team". When people asked me who I supported I said Brighton, then they reply "No, what Premiership team", but now some of my friends are coming out and saying they might get a season ticket next season, this pisses me off. I've always have been/always will be a proud Brighton fan whether they are good or shit, the same can't be said about a lot of the 'fans' we will get in the next few years.

To be honest, I wish I had never really been pulled in by the Premier League, but as a kid it's seen as essential to support a Premier League club and I really wish now that I had supported Brighton since a child but since my 1st game last season I realise what I have been missing!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Same feeling with me. You almost naturally develop the attitude of "I've been going for years, thick and thin, home and away, now you turn up when we're playing well in a flashy stadium". Well thats the case for me and seemingly for you judging by your post. But its those supporters we need to fill the Amex, and to take the club forward.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Great article this, I am also a teenager, and most people at college all support big premier league teams (Man Utd, Liverpool), and I also get the piss taken out of me for years about being a Brighton fan. But at the moment, its fantastic being an albion fan, I took a mate with me to Charlton the other day and he was impressed with how we played, we were unbelievable, didn't go to Peterboro today but by the sounds of it we played better than we did at Charlton! Great times at the moment, long may they continue.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Another teenager. all my family are involved with the albion, so I've been pulled in, and i love it.

Twas the same for me at school, me and maybe a couple of others, apart from that, nada.

Let the good times roll.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Do these 'fans' of premiership clubs feel the same way as I do about the albion. I doubt it. They choose to support premiership clubs because of the glory that is attached to it, but being a football supporter should be so much more than that.

I don't just support Brighton, I f****** love the club.

Last edited:

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
In my group of friends there is a Scumhampton fan who has managed to convert most my close mates to scum fans, however some Premiershite supporting friends of mine have been to the Withdean this season, and have said how great we were and just how good some of our performances & goals have been.

Aside from that, have about 10 BHA fans in my year at my school, and all either have season tickets or make a huge effort to get to the Withdean every week, which just shows the effect that our play can have on some people.

And as expected most Premiershite fans also use the "gay team" or "shit League One club" statement every time Brighton are brought up, but if they actually took note of the REAL football happening at Brighton at the moment, I could see the opinions changing, unfortunately believing anything outside the top 4 is utter bollocks doesn't help these poor deluded "football supporters",

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

This.

One kid at my college acts like he's a giant Brighton fan... even if we do play ugly football. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here